ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Ravens are in the playoffs!

tsylvester

Just a reminder, you can't win it all if you don't go...

Yes, our chances are slimmer than other teams, but shoot, they said the same thing when a team went five games without scoring a touchdown. And, had to face the heavily favored Titans team on the road. Just enjoy it until it is over.

IDK when or ever we’ll see another Ravens 2K defense - not in todays watered down and high octane offensive league the NFL fans want.  But for this era,  this defense -sans 1 or 2 edge rushers , shutdown CB and safety - while nothing close to the 2000 D is pretty good.  

in fact,  if the offense held up it’s end and the team was playing complimentary ball, we could make a nice run like 10 yrs ago. 

Until we get that next franchise QB and correct offensive systems,  we ll have to ride this D and running game.   

1 hour ago, varaven45 said:

IDK when or ever we’ll see another Ravens 2K defense - not in todays watered down and high octane offensive league the NFL fans want.  But for this era,  this defense -sans 1 or 2 edge rushers , shutdown CB and safety - while nothing close to the 2000 D is pretty good.  

in fact,  if the offense held up it’s end and the team was playing complimentary ball, we could make a nice run like 10 yrs ago. 

Until we get that next franchise QB and correct offensive systems,  we ll have to ride this D and running game.   

I thought yesterday's game was a perfect example of why Harbs defends Roman; plays were there to be made.

One; they finally use play action, get Oliver in one on one coverage down the seam, no safety help.

All Huntley has to do is lead Oliver away from his man, toward the middle of the field; long touchdown.

Two; from the 8 yard line or so, defense is in man, no safeties in the middle. The proper read should have been to Andrews on a skinny post. His man was behind him, again, all Huntley has to do is lead Andrews to the post, touchdown. (Even Mark was visibly upset that Huntley threw the ball away).

Three; again in the redzone earlier in the game. 3rd down, they are in a match up zone, man on the outside. Huntley is in a roll out, Andrews from his tightend spot does an in & out to the flag. His man is behind him, he is right in front of Huntley, but Huntley doesnt trust what he sees. All he had to do was set his feet and fire it right in, touchdown. But no..

in the later two, we end up with field goals. Imagine what happens if they both were toucdowns, 8 more points but also, more pressure on the Falcons.

or if that pass to Oliver hits, a totally different game.

Yes, I want Roman gone, his tendencies are obvious, his passing schemes simple. But, there are easy plays to be made, the qbs just are not making them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, varaven45 said:

Agreed.  The D is good enough.  But again the offense is a shambles and I dont see anyone as the leader out of that locker room.

17 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I thought yesterday's game was a perfect example of why Harbs defends Roman; plays were there to be made.

One; they finally use play action, get Oliver in one on one coverage down the seam, no safety help.

All Huntley has to do is lead Oliver away from his man, toward the middle of the field; long touchdown.

Two; from the 8 yard line or so, defense is in man, no safeties in the middle. The proper read should have been to Andrews on a skinny post. His man was behind him, again, all Huntley has to do is lead Andrews to the post, touchdown. (Even Mark was visibly upset that Huntley threw the ball away).

Three; again in the redzone earlier in the game. 3rd down, they are in a match up zone, man on the outside. Huntley is in a roll out, Andrews from his tightend spot does an in & out to the flag. His man is behind him, he is right in front of Huntley, but Huntley doesnt trust what he sees. All he had to do was set his feet and fire it right in, touchdown. But no..

in the later two, we end up with field goals. Imagine what happens if they both were toucdowns, 8 more points but also, more pressure on the Falcons.

or if that pass to Oliver hits, a totally different game.

Yes, I want Roman gone, his tendencies are obvious, his passing schemes simple. But, there are easy plays to be made, the qbs just are not making them.

Agreed.  Its time to have a new coaching staff and a new QB.

• Downvote 1

Mayfield just threw the exact pass to Higbie that Huntley should have to Andrews... Wilson picks on back to back drives, earlier game, Tua throws back to back to back picks costing the Phins the game.

I don't think anyone, not even Rogers thought the Pack would beat the Phins...

53 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Yes, if Harbs is unwilling to make a change at OC, then he would have to go. I will add, that the conversation would have to take place as soon as possible. With Peyton putting his coaching staff together, he would be my first choice

This is reasonable and sensible. I am in full agreement with you.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh has done a good job this year. He started the season without Stanley, JK, Gus, Peters ...he loses Fuller and Juan James during the 1st game...then he loses Means, Pierce, Bateman...then Lamar again.

That's 2 years in a row where most HC's would not be able to keep their team focused and fighting. Look at how shitty McVey has done with a loaded roster...5-10....5 and 10! His team quit for a while. They got soft.

What did Hackett do? With a great defense! Preseason pundits were picking the Broncos to be a serious contender.

Give me Harbaugh. We are damn lucky to have him. 

Great coaching jobs are done in the face of serious adversity. Once again John keeps this team competitive with whatever is available. 

Is he perfect? No.

But he's seasoned and damn good. 

Watch the ton of HC's get the axe at the end of the year. They all came in with fire and brimstone and left farting in the elevator on their way down.

So.... "The Ravens are in the playoffs!" :gorave: ............ and it's only Week 16. 

Image result for Customer Buyers Beware

3 hours ago, vmax said:

Harbaugh has done a good job this year. He started the season without Stanley, JK, Gus, Peters ...he loses Fuller and Juan James during the 1st game...then he loses Means, Pierce, Bateman...then Lamar again.

That's 2 years in a row where most HC's would not be able to keep their team focused and fighting. Look at how shitty McVey has done with a loaded roster...5-10....5 and 10! His team quit for a while. They got soft.

What did Hackett do? With a great defense! Preseason pundits were picking the Broncos to be a serious contender.

Give me Harbaugh. We are damn lucky to have him. 

Great coaching jobs are done in the face of serious adversity. Once again John keeps this team competitive with whatever is available. 

Is he perfect? No.

But he's seasoned and damn good. 

Watch the ton of HC's get the axe at the end of the year. They all came in with fire and brimstone and left farting in the elevator on their way down.

So.... "The Ravens are in the playoffs!" :gorave: ............ and it's only Week 16. 

Image result for Customer Buyers Beware

You can sit there alone as everyone else turns on him.  I have seen so many ppl turn on him this yr.  It is very reminiscent of Billick.  But you must be cool with bad coaches.

11 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

You can sit there alone as everyone else turns on him.  I have seen so many ppl turn on him this yr.  It is very reminiscent of Billick.  But you must be cool with bad coaches.

It's called loyalty. Being an NFL HC is such a hard job. You have to battle through adversity and tough times like this when many doubt or don't support you. Adversity happens to every NFL team every year.  The right man makes it through these times. Harbaugh has seen these times before and pulled us through. Few do this successfully. Most don't make it after a few years and fans find their team back to square one.  

I feel it's wrong to blame him for the injuries and holes on this roster. It's his job to make the best of it. Squeeze the most out of it. I think he's doing that. He did that last year in what was a massive coaching challenge. And came up 1 win short of a playoff team.

He's done so much for Ravens football.

I agree that more fans than ever are questioning if it's time for him to go. When he loses the team, like Billick did, then it's time to go. i don't think that time is now. How there finish out this season and playoffs could change my mind. For example, I've seen more than enough bad coaching from Roman and feel he should be canned. If he would have been let go last year it wouldn't have bothered me.

The fans don't think about the mountain of failed NFL HC's that happens every year. "Somebody else will be better" ... "the grass is always greener..." No, it's not generally. For example, I don't believe that Shawn Peyton or McVey could get 10 wins out of this roster. they need superior talent. 

For now, I'm not following that herd. 9WYUw1.gif

8 hours ago, vmax said:

It's called loyalty. Being an NFL HC is such a hard job. You have to battle through adversity and tough times like this when many doubt or don't support you. Adversity happens to every NFL team every year.  The right man makes it through these times. Harbaugh has seen these times before and pulled us through. Few do this successfully. Most don't make it after a few years and fans find their team back to square one.  

I feel it's wrong to blame him for the injuries and holes on this roster. It's his job to make the best of it. Squeeze the most out of it. I think he's doing that. He did that last year in what was a massive coaching challenge. And came up 1 win short of a playoff team.

He's done so much for Ravens football.

I agree that more fans than ever are questioning if it's time for him to go. When he loses the team, like Billick did, then it's time to go. i don't think that time is now. How there finish out this season and playoffs could change my mind. For example, I've seen more than enough bad coaching from Roman and feel he should be canned. If he would have been let go last year it wouldn't have bothered me.

The fans don't think about the mountain of failed NFL HC's that happens every year. "Somebody else will be better" ... "the grass is always greener..." No, it's not generally. For example, I don't believe that Shawn Peyton or McVey could get 10 wins out of this roster. they need superior talent. 

For now, I'm not following that herd. 9WYUw1.gif

No he didnt.  Lamar saved his ass.  Turdbaugh is always along for the ride.  HE makes no active decisions to make the job better.  He his wheelhouse is starting to fall in.  Where is he with the blocks on Tucker's kicks?  

Since he wont make a move on Saunders it would be to some extent his fault.

Roman wont be going unless Turdys job is on the line.  

Questions.  Is it his fault that the team constantly cant get plays in fast enough?  Is it his fault that with leads his team keeps throwing the ball?  Is it his fault that this team has bad game and time mang?  Is it his fault that the offense yr over yr has bad production?  Ultimately...

The Buck Stops Here - Tunnel Hill Baptist Church