ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Way to go Ed

papasmurfbell

• 4 weeks later...

So much for that...

ESPN: Ed Reed won't coach Bethune-Cookman as negotiations fail.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35496576/ed-reed-coach-bethune-cookman-negotiations-fail

Ed Reed, a Super Bowl champion and nine-time Pro Bowl selection with the Baltimore Ravens, announced Saturday he will no longer be the head coach at Bethune-Cookman.

Reed was tearful during a 15-minute goodbye in front of players and parents.

"We've been around here trying to change things," Reed said. "My vision for change, probably moving too fast for a lot of people. I'm not withdrawing my name, as they said. They don't want me here. They do not want me here because I tell the truth."

Reed also tweeted an announcement that detailed, "After weeks of negotiations I've been informed that the University won't be ratifying my contract and won't make good on the agreement we had in principle, which had provisions and resources best needed to support the student athletes.

"I was committed to coaching and cultivating a relationship with the University, Players, Community and the Fans. It's extremely disappointing this won't be happening," Reed said.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:38 PM, tsylvester said:

He was overly critical, rightfully so, that place it horrible from reports. Still, there was a better way of going about it...

He used social media and blasted the school.