ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Camp Thoughts

oldno82

Well, day 10 was no fun for the offense, they reportedly tossed 10 picks, should we be excited about the defense that has been destroying the offensive line? The fact that they can catch?

Or

Upset that the offense can't protect the qbs, and that under duress, the qbs are coughing the ball up at an alarming rate?

Baby steps

Well they are installing a new offense and Monken said it's way early yet so I would expect the offense to be lagging the defense right now. Lets see if things are any better in 2 more weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for now.

I'm not certain it is lagging as much as it is 3rd down situations and just let it fly, take a chance, give players a chance to make a play, allow the qbs a chance to see on tape what types of throws are needed.

Todd will straighten them out, of this I am confident, but then I am a bit biased 😉

A little rest does a mind & body good

A day off did the Ravens offense some good. After Saturday's nine-interception practice, the offense didn't turn the ball over once Monday and was sharper throughout.

Lamar Jackson had an accurate day and the offense got especially hot in the red zone in the latter portion of practice. The Ravens' offense won on the practice scoreboard by a wide margin.

"I thought our guys were very intentional about bringing up the winning football aspect of what we're doing and staying out of that realm of below the line," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "[We] did a really good job of that. [There were] a lot less mistakes today than there were over the weekend. I was really happy with that.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-offense-lamar-jackson-sharp-day-off-intentionality-interceptions

Yep...seems like Todd's getting them up to speed and just maybe the offense was a little extra sharp because of the humiliation of the previous practice.

Heard that Bateman was running up and down the sidelines yesterday. It would be great if he was able to play when the regular season starts.

4 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I would stay away.  Makes you question what they think of their pass rush. 

Well, they want depth for the most part. They plan on using the two gamble picks in coverage as well as pass rush. Neither has shown that they can hold the edge against the run, maybe that will change. But it is another reason to add Clowney, who does do well holding the edge.

Even so, this has to be a make or break year for the two gamble picks...

There is no talking about fight club, first rule, apparently someone broke that rule 😀

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/baltimore-ravens-washington-commanders-mark-andrews-body-slam-fight-training-camp

The Baltimore Ravens and Washington Comamnders took a pause from their joint practice on Tuesday to break up a fight between Mark Andrews and Danny Johnson.

The Baltimore Ravens are holding joint practices with the cross-town rival Washington Commanders. While not a regular season game, tempers can get heated as players are attempting to show their best colors to coaches in an attempt to make the roster. And some star players who already have roster spots locked down get emotional too.

The two teams took a pause from their joint practice on Tuesday to break up a fight between Ravens tight end Mark Andrews and Commanders corner Danny Johnson.

The two were involved in a play and Andrews took offense to the coverage he was receiving from Johnson, and Andrews picked up and slammed Johnson to the ground, WWE style.