ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Camp Thoughts

oldno82

A pretty nice read. Can't say I don't agree

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-5-thoughts-ravens-preseason-defeat-commanders-zay-flowers-left-guard-battle

The Zay Show: Flowers ran just four routes in the game but forced two missed tackles and found the end zone, displaying an uncanny shiftiness.

• Has the left guard battle come to an end? Late-round pick Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu appears to be a developmental prospect at this point, whereas John Simpson has looked solid.

• What to make of David Ojabo: A lone quarterback pressure across 21 pass-rushing snaps is all Ojabo has to show for himself this preseason.

More good news, skip the blah blah blah to get to this;

Dobbins and Bateman both indicated positive progress from injuries. Dobbins said he's now 100% after a devastating left knee injury two years ago, and Bateman estimated he's "99%" back from a left foot injury that sidelined him for the final nine games last season......."I do think that healthy, I can be one of the top backs in the league," Dobbins said. "That flashes sometimes, but I just got to prove it and I am going to prove it one day. One day it will happen.".....

"My teammates still believe in me," said Bateman, who is entering his third season. "They know my capabilities, they know what I can do. I've done it before. I do it in practice. It just sucks that the injuries have been in the way for me to prove it to you all and everybody else. Hopefully, the third time is the charm in Charm City.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38246527/jk-dobbins-rashod-bateman-good-spot-ravens

Mekari is going to be the Leatherman of lineman I guess.

Urban, a human field goal blocker, I was a bit surprised there, keeping only 2 qbs, granted one will be added to the ps squad.

Ross got released, I hope he lands on the ps squad, he proved last year, prior to injury, that he can play.

Guys, I would highly suggest listening to The Vault podcast.  I found it as a great alternative to killing my twitter account, but they tend to round up the legit sources and go in depth on everything Ravens.  

I bring this up because people like Urban are part of a "handshake group" so with guys the team really want to keep but need to go on IR, they'll be added to the initial 53 and vested veterans like Urban/Seymour come back once they're moved.  It's a great podcast.

• Upvote 1

Hard to predict the final standings for AFC North. Too many really good or potentially really good teams. I'm just hoping for an exciting, entertaining season with a lack of injuries and with us making the playoffs and the offense looking potent and the defense remaining competent.