ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time to hunt those pesky SeaHawks

tsylvester

Wow! I was expecting a close intense game but the Ravens just demolished them like they did to Detroit. Great play by a great defense and the offense kept the foot on the gas for a 37-3 slaughter.

I really can't ask for anything more this week.

Goooo Ravens!!

5 hours ago, tsylvester said:

VA must be happy, he had been talking up Mitchell

Indeed.  Watched him play when he was at ECU.  He was hungry, shifty and fast then and showed it again today against a quality defense.  Going forward, I really like him as a change up to Gus.  The three - Gus. Keet and Justice - give us a nice backfield 👍

Right. Mitchell is the burst guy the offense rushing game needed. I was sold on him with just the little bit he played in pre-season.

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

One game at a time, win any way they can. It just gets tougher from here

Yep...it's a tough stretch coming up, especially the next two games being both divisional. Both will be tough. Important that we not get satisfied. I think Roquan and Odell will help to keep them hungry.

9 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Indeed.  Watched him play when he was at ECU.  He was hungry, shifty and fast then and showed it again today against a quality defense.  Going forward, I really like him as a change up to Gus.  The three - Gus. Keet and Justice - give us a nice backfield 👍

I was skeptical, but he showed just what this offense needs, some one who is naturally shifty, knows how to get small to fit through a small hole and explode once out.

Hill just has to work too hard to make cuts, a reason, I believe, he falls so often, untouched.

I was pleased with Mitchel's pass blocking as well, he made a point to chip on his way out into his route, helping Stanley a few times.

Big test for him this week with rhe Cleveland defense

One thing that popped into my head, the play where Lamar hurt his ankle. The defender, I forget which one, actually pulled an alligator move on him, holding his leg then twisting as he, the defender, rolled over.

The more I think about the more I think it was a dirty play...m

• Upvote 1

I'll have to watch the ankle play again when I find it on my DVR.

My biggest concern now is, is Ronnie Stanley even an adequate LT? He's having real big trouble with speed rushers. The strip sack was mainly due to him and that isn't the first time I've seen him get beat badly this year. His run blocking is still good but he's scaring me on pass protection.

Yeah, I was hoping he would be better, still a great run blocker and puller, but smaller, fast rushers are giving him an issue.

He did well when there was a chip block, so maybe that is the answer moving forward.

He and the line will be tested over the next few weeks, with some good defensive fronts.

They've faced em before, time to take it to them.

Some have yes, whether that is Hill trying to keep the ball or Lamar trying, we will never know.

The pocket fumbles, some are on Lamar with either not having good picket awareness or being loose with the ball when moving inside the pocket. Those have to stop and are him.

A few have been the fault of a lineman missing his block and the defender getting to Lamar quickly, as we saw Sunday with Stanley whiffing ona block and the strip sack.

34 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

That ankle injury was devastating.  As time goes I would expect it to show up more.

He was jumping around after the game, perhaps not.

It was Wagner on the tackle, here is the play

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/lamar-jackson-injury-scare-completely-fine-no-concerns-john-harbaugh-david-ojabo

Lamar reports his ankle as fine. I looked at the replay...not sure if it was dirty or the defender was just trying to grab and hold on. I didn't see him twist the ankle like he could have if he wanted to hurt him.

Not positive but I think Papa is talking about Stanley's ankle injury.

I was watching some replays of Keaton Mitchell's running and am just in awe of the guy's performance. Not only is he fast, but he was breaking tackles. He's such a little guy...I hope he can hold up. If he does and he can keep doing what he did he'll be a pro bowl back for sure.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:08 AM, tsylvester said:

One thing that popped into my head, the play where Lamar hurt his ankle. The defender, I forget which one, actually pulled an alligator move on him, holding his leg then twisting as he, the defender, rolled over.

The more I think about the more I think it was a dirty play...m

I thought the same thing watching the play live. The guy knew it too seemed like he was waiting for a flag or other Ravens to react.Where’s the fine

• Upvote 1