ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Who's Playing/Who's Not

oldno82

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Looks like it is Houston! Down go the Steelers

Well I gotta say, CJ really impressed me with his performance against the Browns' defense. He scares me. But I think LJ and company can beat them. Question is, only the game will tell. I can't predict this one.

1 hour ago, oldno82 said:

I have my doubts.

See the Parcells fiasco.  Honestly Bill fixed and set the franchise on the right course.  Jerry has been able to maintain the players since then.  He just cant bring himself to get a coach that has the iron hand needed to keep them focused.

The way that secondary played, it wasn't the coverages, it was effort & focus. That is on the players.

I agree, their o line played equally bad and Kelsey might be retiring, so an over haul might be needed there. But Hurts also needs to get out of his head, he played like crap for the past few games and it wasn't just the o lines fault.

This all comes down to coaching the players the right way to keep them focussed.

Shoot, this is the same team that was in the Super Bowl last year, maybe that is the hangover most teams feel who lose.

Hats off to the Bucs too. They were ready to play and Mayfield, who has quietly had a great season, was superb.

The Browns should have kept him and not gone for the idiotic Watson deal.

8 hours ago, tsylvester said:

The way that secondary played, it wasn't the coverages, it was effort & focus. That is on the players.

I agree, their o line played equally bad and Kelsey might be retiring, so an over haul might be needed there. But Hurts also needs to get out of his head, he played like crap for the past few games and it wasn't just the o lines fault.

This all comes down to coaching the players the right way to keep them focussed.

Shoot, this is the same team that was in the Super Bowl last year, maybe that is the hangover most teams feel who lose.

If they are not being coached to do the correct thing on reads then the players have less blame.  If the OL is not making the correct pickups that is coaching.  There is no way they went from understanding pickups and make the correct calls a yr ago and have no idea what to do this yr as a regression of the players.  

Yeah, it is baffling, same players, not being out muscled, but just not giving effort, not playing as a team as they did last year.

That is coaching even if it is players just going through the motions because they lost faith in their coach