ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Circle the wagons, Chiefs are coming

tsylvester

By now you've heard that the Cheifs outlasted the Bill's once again in the playoffs. That they have reached their 6th straight AFC championship game.

Yes, that age old saying applies: if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Well, the reigning Super Bowl Champs have been the best, so......

This is not the Cheifs team of the past few years, at least not in the regular season. Their offense has had its struggles, but they still managed to be 9th in the league in total offense, 351 total yards, 246 by air, 104 on the ground.

Mahomes, well, he is every bit as good as advertised. Incredibly accurate, 67% completion, 27 tds, 14 picks. He has been sacked 27 times.

As runner, think of him as a mouse more than a cheetah. He scurried rather than flying. Hey, you can beat a mouse in the 40 yard dash, but lock your self in an empty room, see how easy it is to catch one...

He moves well in and out of the pocket, always looking to make plays down field. While they don't  have many great receivers, they do have a great tight end and a couple of receivers who know how to get open. They do tend to drop easy passes, but will make the hard ones.

Their defense is among the best, but they can be run on, they do suffer lapses of coverage, they are humans, they "do bleed".

Sure, they know how to win this game, it is time to teach them how to lose it.

One game away from the Super Bowl, they want it, the Ravens have to take it.

The only team to stop, to defeat the Ravens this year has been the Ravens, untimely penalties, and turnovers, all unforced, all due to a lack of focus.

After what we saw last Saturday, this team is focussed. I pity the fools who come to our house and try to stop us from having fun.

I think it will be a close game, but I'd rather face Mahomes rather than the Bills with their 'automatic first downs' using the 'tush-push'! Allen is like a runaway horse when he decides to take off. As good as Pacheco is, I'd rather face him than Allen.

Right at this moment, I think the Ravens have the better team. We just have to show up and be fired up like we have been.

They do that against bad defenes & or defenes depleted of their top players.

Their offensive tackles are their weak point, the Ravens defenes has shown that their front four can collapse the pocket, harass qbs even against some of the best lines in the game..

If the Ravens defense plays the way they can, this will be a 34-7 game...😃

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

They do that against bad defenes & or defenes depleted of their top players.

Their offensive tackles are their weak point, the Ravens defenes has shown that their front four can collapse the pocket, harass qbs even against some of the best lines in the game..

If the Ravens defense plays the way they can, this will be a 34-7 game...😃

From your lips....

Rumors that the refs being assigned to this game favor away teams and further tin foil hat theories are that the NFL wants KC to win so Swifties inflate their numbers...

The Ravens are capable of beating the Chiefs but it will require intensity of focus and ability for MacDonald and Monken to adjust on-the-fly. The Chiefs' defense is as solid as ours. Their offense is all Mahomes and Pacheco. We have to pressure Mahomes without letting Pacheco run wild.

A key to victory would be getting an early lead.

Early injury report on the Chiefs from one of their reporters

Catching up here, the #Chiefs say S Mike Edwards (concussion), WR Skyy Moore (IR/knee), RB Isiah Pacheco (toe), RG Trey Smith (illness) and LG Joe Thuney (pec) won't practice Wednesday ahead of the AFC Championship game against the Ravens.   My belief is that this is Nick Allegretti's spot start at left guard on Sunday as Thuney works to be back for the Super Bowl. The Chiefs are just being cautious with Pacheco

Full go, Andrews back, Humphrey back, a big boost to both sides of the ball. Severel players on special teams are back as well, so maybe that closes that loop hole.

A big moral boost, not that they needed one, being at full strength. Let's do this!

What kind of game are you expecting? I think it will be a close nail-biter, perhaps coming down to a Justin Tucker FG. I base that on the fact that there are two really good defenses playing. My main concern with the KC offense is Pacheco more so than Mahomes. I think we'll be ready for Mahomes but afraid Pacheco will run over us while we're fixated with their quarterback. We'll need to run the ball effectively ourselves to keep the Chiefs' offense off the field and wear down their defense.

The 2 guys that give me the most hope for a win on our side are MacDonald and Monken.

Should be a really good game.

Well, Mahomes is one of the best to ever play the game, no doubt.

While Pechanco, or however you say his name, is a hard running, quick cutting back, he is undersized and has turf toe.

The Ravens are great against the run, except with the off tackle, outsoee runs that seem to get them every now & then. That bothers me a bit. Can the defense hold the edge?

Their defense is just behind the Ravens in a number of categories, scoring especially.

However, they are near the bottom of the league against the run, something the Ravens do well.

I expect a low scoring game of sorts, because of having to limit the number of times Mahomes has the ball. So running the ball against the weak run defense, using all of the play clock are 2 ways to accomplish this.

They do have team speed on defense, maybe the fastest defense the Ravens offense has faced all year.

However, the Ravens are 7-3 against playoff teams, regular season. They held double digit leads in each of those games, including the 3 loses.

This team is focused, primed, healthy, clearly the better team, on paper and on the field.

Lamar has been a vocal leader this year, but more importantly, he has been one of the first in each day and the last to leave. A true leader.

He really wants a Super Bowl win, as does Roquan, who has the defense focussed, and they both know it isn't easy to get to this point, contrary to what the Cheifs and Pats have done.

I guess I went long winded to say, I expect a win, and would not be shocked to see a win by 10+ points

Bad news on the referees for this game

Home teams have won only 40.8% of games in the last three years with Smith as referee.

That is the lowest win rate for any referee in the NFL.

Across the NFL, home teams have won 55.4% of games during that span. With Smith, the rate precipitously drops down to 40.8%