ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Circle the wagons, Chiefs are coming

tsylvester

23 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

This game was lost in the first half when they refused to run against one of the worst teams against the run

Doing coaching interviews instead of working.

The more experienced team, coach and Qb prevailed plus we beat ourselves by abandoning the run right from the get go. 
boneheaded penalties and turnovers fueled the meltdown. 

Hopefully, the team learns from this. Still a very young team with an upside.  Lamar made a lot of great strides this year.  With a healthy Keaton Mitchell and an improving receiving corps plus a nice 2 TE set, the future looks very promising ! 

1 hour ago, dapetes said:

Doing coaching interviews instead of working.

I'm not sold that the lack of runs were/are all on the coaches. Lamar changed the plays a number of times throughout the game. Now, from run to pass?

Who knows

Even with that, the routes were open, short, some were dump offs, he just chose not to throw them, at least until late in the game and we saw the results, nice chunk plays.

He was back to his old self, holding the ball, hoping, looking for those big pass plays down field.

Especially those plays he has not been able to make, ever. Down the sidelines with a defender in chase. He always throws it 3,4,5 yards too far or out of bounds.

That pick in the endzone was horrible, 3 yards under thrown. Throw it to the back of the endzone. Jeepers, the one guy tall enough to make a jump ball catch and he under throws him.

Last week he took the check downs and we saw the results, scores.

The defense deserved better, no pts in the 2nd half, 17 total points.

They did just what they should have to win, Ravens should have won 24, 27-17, easy.

Instead, the window may be closed with all of the free agents on this team, and little cap room.

Not being a pessimist just a realist. I don’t think the NFL bean counters wanted a Ravens win. Lots more Mahomes Kelce jerseys being sold. Why with Swift stuck in his anus and the insurance commercials. Fantastic free advertisement for the NFL garbage they sell. The NFL is not only promoting the sport but every penny pinching way they can make money. Money first I’m afraid with fair play coming in a distant last. 

Like I said.  Run the ball and make Lamar be a passer and you win.  We have a bad coach and a suspect QB.  Hell we are the cowboys of the mid atlantic.  

I have to agree.  The window is closed now.  To many FA will be leaving so they have a 2 yr retooling that needs doing.  Then the QB percentage of teh cap will get unwieldy.  

I'm not football savvy like most of you here.  I listen to some unbiased podcasts to try and pick up some things.  How much of our not running was Lamar calling his own plays, or on the coaches.  We probably won't hear from Monken, but why we didn't run our top rush against their middling run D, we may never know.

I wouldn't be upset if Harbaugh left, but I'd also be ok if he stayed.  He has one more year on his contract I believe, so maybe he'll move on.  

It was a fun season.  I lost my Dad in November, after losing my brother the previous December.  This run kept him a little closer to me, but here we are.  I'm numb.

• Upvote 1