ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Free Agents

oldno82

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are a few contracts they can either extend or cut ties with that can free up at least $20 mil in cap space, additonal cap space with little risk or dead money.

With that said, I think Clowney should be brought back, Gus if the money isnt too outrageous for either.

Alghalor i think has earned a new deal. The secondary in my opinion should be kept in tact, if Stone doesnt want too much.

I would love to keep Madebeke, but not over pay for him. They have shown that they can find gems to augment the defensive line and make up for his loss.

VanNoy is an interesting one, he clesrly played his best season in his career this past season, but he is aging quickly, I doubt thag he can duplicate it for another season, let alone 3. So I would let him walk

I'd like to see Clowney, Gus, and Agholor back. I think Stone is gone because there would be too much dead money if they let Williams go. They are apparently thinking about franchising Madebuike. Van Noy, though I love what he did for us, is probably gone too.

And somehow we have to fix the O-line. Drafting might be a solution there but we need several new bodies and I'm not sure we're picking high enough.

Well, the line did well for the most part, some of the struggles were actually because of Lamar holding the ball too long, most, not all.

Also, Voorhees will be, should be, ready to play next season, he should be a real big boost to the line, either at guard or right tackle.

Sure, they need to get some depth back if they lose a lineman or two. But I think the peices are in place.

I think they need offensive tackles---one to start and one to develop, and I don't think Voorhees is considered a tackle but more so a guard.

Video was interesting. Yep, we missed it by a smidge and the window won't be as open next year due to cap constraints.

We should be playing in the Super Bowl this Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Mad has been tagged

“We were unable to agree on a contract extension with Justin before the deadline and will use the franchise tag,” DeCosta said in a statement. “Justin is a great player and person, and we will continue to negotiate a long-term deal with him.”

I don't think so. Not for the kind of money Henry is looking for. After today's insane rush on running backs, I favor waiting for the draft around the 3rd round or with one of the comp picks. Also bring Edwards back and sign Dobbins to a 1-yr show me deal.

He was underutilized here is my opinion, maybe the coaches saw something in practice, or missed assignments in games, who knows, but he is a very good runner, gonna miss him.

Like you, I agree, stay away from Henry who has 1 maybe 2 years left. Draft, go with a committee for now.

1 hour ago, oldno82 said:

I don't think so. Not for the kind of money Henry is looking for. After today's insane rush on running backs, I favor waiting for the draft around the 3rd round or with one of the comp picks. Also bring Edwards back and sign Dobbins to a 1-yr show me deal.

Dobbins is gone.  He was critical of the coaching staff and there can be none of that in bmore.

“Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's soul is his own.” “But I will rise there with so full a glory That I will dazzle all the eyes of France, Yea, strike the Dauphin blind to look on us.” “What infinite heartsease Must kings neglect that private men enjoy"

The real King Henry

Shakespeare aside 😄, I'm not sure if this was a good move and I have to confess it stunned me. Was this a desperation move ('we have to have somebody and everybody else is gone')? I mean, the guy is 30 years old and has taken a ton of hits. Seems like they could have got a guy in the draft.

But as we used to say about his predecessor: In Eric we trust and I fly with it on faith for now.

Na, not a desperate move, remember, they tried to trade for him, and almost pulled it off, last season for the big push.

Sure, it has escalators in it to rise to $20 million, but he if reaches them, you could say this offense is unstoppable.

Yes, he is 30, but the contract is workable and short. I would be against it if it were longer than 2 or 3 years, but it isn't.

Resign Hill if possible, hope the kid comes back healthy from that knee, maybe draft a quick back.