ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Free Agents

oldno82

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I'm surprised he didn't come back for a 1 year deal here, unless the team either wanted a 3 year deal or decided he was no longer needed.

That was my first impression too, but they voided the last year of his contract so maybe they didn't want him back for some reason or maybe that pissed him off?

Ravens sign "offensive lineman" Josh Jones, per Espn.

I say lineman because he has played every position except center. He struggled at both guards and right tackle, but found his calling at left tackle with the Cards.

Then they sent him to the Texans where he got injured and struggled more.

Could be a project, a resurrection project, or just a shot in the dark to see if he can settle in.

Well, I sure hope we're not counting on him. Hopefully, this was just a one year 'prove it' signing for a reserve spot in case they have to move Mekari to a regular starting role.

• 2 weeks later...

Bateman extended, good move, takes a while to recover from Lis Franc, he will break out this year... 3 years, $15 mil, great deal, if true, (the 5th year option due next week is $14 mil for 1 year)

Per Espn

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Wide receiver Rashod Bateman is staying in Baltimore, after all.  Bateman reached a two-year extension with the Ravens on Wednesday, which keeps the former first round pick in Baltimore through the 2026 season, the team announced. This surprising move was made eight days before the Ravens had to make a decision on whether to exercise Bateman's fifth-year option.

Lamar was still adjusting to becoming a pocket passer, so he often didn't get to his 3rd read, Bateman.

I expect that to be much better this year. It wasn't just Bateman that was open often and not thrown the ball, there were times when Lamar locked in on one side of the field, and missed open guys on the other.

He has been great when he can throw on time, but he tended to lock in when the timing was off.