ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Free Agents

oldno82

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price and 2 years, he is definitely worth it. True, he may be on the downside of his career, but he has at least 2 good years left in him. Has he even reached the proverbial 3,000 carries threshold?

Teams will have to load the box to stop him, run blitz, linebackers stepping up first. This should open the middle wide, where Lamar is really good.

Short yardage, goal line, with him & Lamar, play action.

The Ravens were one of the best red zone teams last year, with Henry, they should be tops.

6 hours ago, tsylvester said:

For the price and 2 years, he is definitely worth it. True, he may be on the downside of his career, but he has at least 2 good years left in him. Has he even reached the proverbial 3,000 carries threshold?

Teams will have to load the box to stop him, run blitz, linebackers stepping up first. This should open the middle wide, where Lamar is really good.

Short yardage, goal line, with him & Lamar, play action.

The Ravens were one of the best red zone teams last year, with Henry, they should be tops.

Ive seen that show before.  Going from running top 5 at Daytona to in the junk yard in a yr.

That would be fine, a year to allow the team to find a new runner. Look, you know I agree with you, you don't draft a runningback in the first round and you don't pay big bucks & a long term contract to runningbacks.

So we get to see if Mitchell can return to form from that injury and if he is the real deal. All while having a powerful runner in Henry while they also break in a new lineman or two. All of this on the cheap.

If they have to cut him next off season, not much dead money.

They can still draft a back this year, there are a few in the later rounds, let him learn.

It was a good gamble by the Steelers, Wilson only has a year or two left in good play.

Fields, can learn under him, maybe, if he can learn how to read defenses, his biggest issue, then he should become a decent qb.

The issue the Steelers have is that both qbs are on one year deals essentially, if Fields doesn't play, how do you work out a contract for him going forward?

I think the Steelers will just wait until about mid-season or a few weeks after that to determine who their quarterback 'of the future' is going to be. If Wilson can still play at a high level, they'll ink him to a 3-4 year deal, and they'll let Fields become a free agent. If they feel that Fields is playing better or has the potential to do so more than what Wilson shows on the field, they'll commit to Fields long-term.

Strategically, it's a pretty good place for Pittsburgh to be in.

5 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I think 2025 they can ink Wilson to a dirt cheap deal again bc Den is on the hook that yr too.

If fields cant get reps how do you evaluate him?

Well if they don't like what they're seeing with Wilson, they insert Fields and see if he can run with it.

But I think all that is not going to happen. I think Wilson still has a few more years and as you said, Denver is still on the hook for most of that money.