ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

View from Houston

vmax

The local media is down on the Texans...

There was never a moment when you thought the Texans might win.

That’s the bottom line. Even when the Texans kept counter punching, it never felt like they would win. This was a grind-it-out, take-care-of-business for the Ravens, and that’s exactly what they did.

They’ll look back and see this has nothing more. That’s how the Texans are viewed around the NFL. When it counted, the Ravens were better and tougher and smarter. Nothing new there.

20111016_TexansRavens_BTC_25-243x300.jpg

Texans wide receiver Jacoby Jones watches the final seconds of the loss. (Brett Coomer/Chronicle)

Someday, the Texans may be the team with the winning mentality. Someday, the Texans may get in one of these games, and all of us actually expects them to win. They’re not there yet.

http://blog.chron.co...xans-might-win/

COACHING

The Texans were favored to lose by 7 ½, and they got beat by 15. When a team continues to not make plays at crunch time, sooner or later it comes down to coaching.

Grade: D

http://blog.chron.co...ns-vs-ravens-3/ /

How about this homer....

schaub.blog_-600x446.jpg

Texans quarterback Matt Schaub loses the football as he is hit in the chest by Ravens defensive end Haloti Ngata (92) during the fourth quarter on Sunday. (Brett Coomer/Chronicle)

The Texans had the momentum, and they needed to keep it.

But a blown call by the referees took it from them at a critical moment in the fourth quarter of their 29-14 loss on Sunday.

On second-and-9 from the Ravens’ 38-yard line, Texans quarterback Matt Schaub fired an incomplete pass and was smacked by Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata, who led with his helmet.

That is a personal foul penalty that the referees clearly missed.

The penalty would have given the Texans a first down at the 23-yard line with 11:30 left in the game.

http://blog.chron.co...texans-in-loss/

waaaaaaaaaaaa! :cryin1: :cryin1: :cryin1: :cryin1: :cryin1:

Somebody give Quin the smelling salts...

“We’re right there,” safety Glover Quin said. “You saw the game. [With] a five-point lead in the fourth quarter, they made some plays and we didn’t. Are they better than us? No. Did they play better than us today? Yes.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/29449/still-confident-texans-not-good-enough-yet

The Texans are good...I'll give them that.

I had my eye on that 5 point lead...the Ravens settling for field goals instead of TD's. I thought that wasn't going to get it.

But...the Ravens are better than them. They are missing some big players too in Grubbs, Smith, Reed and Evans.

To be honest that tackle by Ngata looks no different to me than the Sanchez hit. However, to me that is a perfect tackle. He has his arms out and his head is in the only place he can put it, and he is hitting with his shoulder. Perfect form tackle IMO.

I'm not at all sure we would have won that game if Houston had their premier pass rusher and WR...I wouldn't want to face them again in the playoffs. I think the Houston media is being way too tough on them.

Yea but... :kool: ...the Ravens were playing without Jimmy Smith, Foxworth, Carr, Reed, Grubbs, Zibokowsky and Evans

The Ravens could very well see them in the playoffs.

Yea but... :kool: ...the Ravens were playing without Jimmy Smith, Foxworth, Carr, Reed, Grubbs, Zibokowsky and Evans

The Ravens could very well see them in the playoffs.

seems the media only notice's other teams missing parts. Like when playing the jets, it was all about thier center not playing, but not one word about our starting left guard missing the same game. actually he's only played one game.

seems the media only notice's other teams missing parts. Like when playing the jets, it was all about thier center not playing, but not one word about our starting left guard missing the same game. actually he's only played one game.

Aint that the freekin truth, so much was dwelled yesterday on the Texams missing Williams, yet nobody says anything about us being forced to use Webb..

To be fair, us missing a rookie corner and a career nickel corner isn't really like missing a premier DE/OLB like Williams. Just being fair. Evans also, while good, does not equal Andre Johnson. However the Texans don't beat us even at full strength. Our defense is too much for them and they caught some breaks with us kicking some FGs.