ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Very interesting stat

reddog271

In five games, the Ravens have outscored opponents by more than a 2-1 margin (148-71). Their 15.4 point differential per contest is tops in the NFL. Another very positive sign: The Ravens are outgaining opponents by 81.0 yards per game, sixth-best in the NFL.

The Ravens' defense also impressed on Sunday. Baltimore sacked Schaub four times and is now on pace for 48 sacks — 21 more than a season ago. And the Ravens blunted any Houston fourth-quarter comeback hopes. The Texans' last 11 plays netted 21 yards, and they twice turned the ball over on downs.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/10/17/ravens-not-just-winning-but-doing-so-convincingly

The D is playing well. It needs to play lights out against Jax Monday night and stifle MJD and Gabbert right from the get go. The Jags, while 1-5, are playing teams very tough (Last Sunday vs Steelers) and would love nothing better than to upset a playoff contending team on MNF.

As far as seeing their best, Yager, who are we getting back thats going to improve the D ? Is Carr an upgrade and is Smith even returning this year ? I am starting to think Grubbs, Evans are going on IR, unsure about Smith.

The D is playing well. It needs to play lights out against Jax Monday night and stifle MJD and Gabbert right from the get go. The Jags, while 1-5, are playing teams very tough (Last Sunday vs Steelers) and would love nothing better than to upset a playoff contending team on MNF. As far as seeing their best, Yager, who are we getting back thats going to improve the D ? Is Carr an upgrade and is Smith even returning this year ? I am starting to think Grubbs, Evans are going on IR, unsure about Smith.

It's not about getting anyone that improves the defense. The more they work together and get to know this defensive coordinator, the more they're excelling. Each week I see something new from this defense and each week I'm impressed. I think there's tons of growth on it's way from this defense. There's also some young guys that are only going to see their playing time increase each week. I like what they're doing.

I am starting to think Grubbs, Evans are going on IR, unsure about Smith.

They are only going on IR if the team sustains more injuries and needs additional covers. For every game 7 players need to be deactivated. If those are injured or not doesn't matter. The only way I can see them going on IR would be if they have some kind of surgery and the recovery time exceeds the remaining season or they suffer additional injuries and the 7 inactive spots aren't enough to cover all the injured players.