ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bengals trade Palmer

cravnravn

To the Raiders for a 2012 1st rd pick and a guaranteed 2nd rd pick in 2013 with the possibility if incentives are hit, turning into a #1 pick..

Talk about mortgaging your future, The Raiders have the 29th ranked D in the NFL, and possibly zero first rd picks for the next two years.

Washed up or not he was a Raven Killer & I am glad he is out of this division. He seemed to get us at least once a year whether the Bengals were having a good year or not...cost us the division a couple of times.

To be honest I never knew how he pulled that off. He wasn't that good at reading defenses.

Bizarre.

Do the Raiders have any picks left in next year's draft. They spent a 3rd on Pryor in the supplemental draft and I think they also traded a few picks for Curry. They couldn't have much left.

I can't believe anyone gave up more than a 2nd round pick for Palmer. Good player but not 2 1st rounders good. Not at this stage of his career. Maybe back in 07 he was worth this but he has never been the same since the Steelers took him out by the knees.

Maybe Brown knows what he is doing afterall.

Isn't weird that back in 2003 both the Bengal and Ravens drafted QB's in the 1st round? Palmer 1st overall and Boller 19th. Come 2011 they find themselves as teammates in Oakland?

That's bizarre.

Yeah and Boller has ab better w/l record than Palmer yet Boller is the backup...Really bizarre.

I cant believe Oaktown is throwing Palmer to wolves this Sunday and have named him starter against KC. Its a division game, and those two teams play each other well, hope you're ready CP.

The Oak system is like what they ran in Cincy. He just has to build a working relationship with his teammates.

That doesn't happen overnight. Whatever relationship Palmer had last year with his team was totally lost. I feel Carson is just a pampered rich white boy from southern California that doesn't know how to work out problems for himself, hence he quits when the going gets rough.

Well fuck him and the donkey he rode in on.

What I am saying is he knows the verbiage of the play calling. He just has to work with the players to get to know them.

You should be happy as a pig in sh%t. You just straight stole from Oakland. You are in great shape. The next couple of yrs your draft should rock.

FYI papa we're rocking now. Most "experts" had the Bengals going 4-12 at best this season. Personally I had them pegged at less. (Go ahead and call me a dumbass.) In their bye week Cincinnati sits at 4-2 and actually surprising people. All without Palmer, and the draft picks his trade blessed us with.

2nd rounder QB Andy Dalton is learning at a phenomenal rate, 1st round draft choice A.J. Green is simply a beast, and I haven't even begun to speak of the Bengals highly ranked defense. It was ranked #1. For all I know it still may be.

I'm just hoping your Ravens and the Steelers take us as lightly as the Browns did. bengal.gif

I fully expect the Ravens to lose one to you guys. Hell what did you have 4 straght before the end of last season? I haven't watched any of your games so I am curious where they will put their draft resources the next couple of yrs. I know the D is stud. You have the QB and stud WR, TE, and #2 WR. The OL I think is ok.

I am seeing a new RB being a need very soon but that can be done later in the draft. You lost one of your stud CB's so that could be a need.

I am seeing a new RB being a need very soon but that can be done later in the draft. You lost one of your stud CB's so that could be a need.

You see very well papa. The Bengals could also do well by getting another good safety.

The D was already there for the Bengals. They just needed to upgrade the O. I thought Dalton would struggle but he seemed to be 1 of the smarter QBs coming out of college so was likely to pick things up sooner than most and he has done that. It does help having a stud at WR in AJ and a QBs best friend is his TE and the Bengals also have a beast there in Gresham. Now Oakland have gone and made you guys even better by giving away draft picks.