ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Unleash the Hounds

vmax

Could get ugly...

Offensive tackle continues to be a position in flux for the Jaguars.

Eugene Monroe, sidelined with a shoulder injury on Sunday in Pittsburgh, was not in the first unit during the media viewing time. Guy Whimper was at left tackle in Monroe's spot and undrafted rookie Cameron Bradfield was at right tackle in place of Eben Britton at the start of the practice.

The Jaguars were without both Monroe and Britton in Pittsburgh, when Bradfield made his first start at left tackle and Whimper played at right tackle. Bradfield played alongside another rookie, Will Rackley, who played at left guard.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville....n#ixzz1bGmBtsgs

It gets worse...

Jaguars also don't know when their top two special-teams players, Montell Owens and Kassim Osgood, will be back. Osgood has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury and Owens has missed three with a knee injury.

"Do I want my two Pro Bowlers back on special teams? Yes. Do I want my starting corner [Derek Cox] and my starting tackles and both tackles? Yeah, you want those guys back," Del Rio said.

"Find anything good on the Jaguars?"

Just this...."

3d1b88fe-8e4f-4d29-8ad6-97502cd945f4.jpg

Watching the respective offenses of the two teams that stir the most passion in Northeast Florida, it looks like their offenses, especially the passing game, are about 40 years behind the times.

Hey, JagGator, feel free to move the chains and find the end zone. Sure, both teams play for defensive-minded head coaches, have been forced to turn to two new quarterbacks since losing the original starter and have a receiving corps with more liability than a shady doctor. But can we light up a scoreboard once in a while?

You can’t look at these three-and-usually-out offenses for too long without needing eye drops. Staring at the sun hurts only slightly more than seeing these offenses

Edited by vmax

This doesn't mean anything to me. They play Pittsburgh tough with ALL of those guys you listed out, so they'll play us tough. We can't overlook this team.

Pittsburgh is not a very good team. I know the name Pittsburgh reminds you of good teams. but if you watch them play... If they can't beat you up, they don't have a leg to stand on. The Jags have a very good Defense. Like 6 or something. But they can't throw the ball at all. Worse than the Jets passing. I'm not saying the team should over look them. but dayum. lol

I'm not worried about this game at all.

Jaguars:

27th ranked offense.

31st in points scored...31st.

12 points a game average!

32nd passing.

MB_ComLo.jpg

If the offense doesn't turn it over, then the only thing I'm worried about is not getting the shut out.

Edited by vmax

The Jaguars play their first prime-time game of the year on Monday night. In recent history, they haven’t been great prime-time players.

In fact, the Jaguars are 0-6 in their last six prime-time games.

: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-10-23/story/jaguars-are-need-prime-time-turnaround#ixzz1bdbEXsHW

And the big news in Jacksonville....

Monday Night Football won’t be blacked out in Jacksonville this week.

The Jaguars announced they avoided a blackout for their fourth home game this season.

They asked for a 24-hour extension to sell all non-premium seats, which meant they had until 8:30 p.m. Saturday to accomplish the feat. But the team made the announcement Saturday afternoon.

The Jaguars had about 2,000 non-premium tickets to sell when they requested the extension.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-10-23/story/jaguars-notebook-monday-game-wont-be-blacked-out#ixzz1bdc0p1NW

A thank you note was sent to Ravens fans for buying the tickets. :gorave: