ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe and the Others

oldno82

Read this on the Ravens website describing an interview with T. Sizzle and Bayless:

"...The two went on to debate why other successful quarterbacks are allowed to have a bad game or two, but when Flacco does, it means he’s not good enough and his defense doesn’t trust him. Suggs pointed out that Drew Brees, Philip Rivers and Tony Romo have all had bad games this season, but they don’t get attacked in the same way..."

Romo should get attacked. He sucks and he hasn't won jack shit. He is the most overrated QB in the league.

Phillip Rivers doesn't get attacked like Joe, but he also has 3 years of consistently good play (him, not the Chargers) before this year. I think Joe does get questioned a lot for someone who has won as many games as he has, but he brings a lot of it on himself because when he's bad, he's really bad (i.e. Jax). Beating Pittsburgh twice will help...a big part of the knock on Joe was that he couldn't win the "big game", and now he's done it a few times this year.

Joe is the medias whipping boy, not only Bayless but Warren sapp and the rest of the crew on the NFL channel have beat on him pretty bad..The problem lies, when Joe does throw a good game, they jump back on the band wagon.

John Clayton has been the only one to stand by his guns, he called Joe elite in August and hasen't budged since.

Edited by cravnravn

Romo should get attacked. He sucks and he hasn't won jack shit. He is the most overrated QB in the league.

Phillip Rivers doesn't get attacked like Joe, but he also has 3 years of consistently good play (him, not the Chargers) before this year. I think Joe does get questioned a lot for someone who has won as many games as he has, but he brings a lot of it on himself because when he's bad, he's really bad (i.e. Jax). Beating Pittsburgh twice will help...a big part of the knock on Joe was that he couldn't win the "big game", and now he's done it a few times this year.

Romo doesn't suck. He's posted QB ratings of 90 or higher for 5 straight seasons and is currently on track for his 6th.

He's thrown 20 TDs 4 of the 5 seasons, and would have last year as well if it wasn't for his injury.

Now he hasn't had success in the playoffs yet, but it's no reason to give up on the guy. He's a warrior and I'm confident he's gonna prove all the arm chair critics wrong one day.

Now here's a postseason and NFL legends ratings in a few games:

1 td 1 int 83.6

1 td 3 int 36.8

0 td 2 int 19.4

Now that was the persons ratings and td and ints for three out of 4 years, and that was his regression. His best year was his first year and it just got worse. The team and the city had every reason to give up on the guy. But they didn't. As a result, here's the guys last two years in the playoffs.

0 td 1 int 51.9 (Super Bowl Win) It wasn't pretty, but it was gutsy and he didn't give up. He didn't listen to the people that said he couldn't do it.

1 td 1 int 99.2 (Super Bowl Win, exclamation point on a career)

John Elway.

Romo doesn't suck. He's posted QB ratings of 90 or higher for 5 straight seasons and is currently on track for his 6th.

He's thrown 20 TDs 4 of the 5 seasons, and would have last year as well if it wasn't for his injury.

Now he hasn't had success in the playoffs yet, but it's no reason to give up on the guy. He's a warrior and I'm confident he's gonna prove all the arm chair critics wrong one day.

Now here's a postseason and NFL legends ratings in a few games:

1 td 1 int 83.6

1 td 3 int 36.8

0 td 2 int 19.4

Now that was the persons ratings and td and ints for three out of 4 years, and that was his regression. His best year was his first year and it just got worse. The team and the city had every reason to give up on the guy. But they didn't. As a result, here's the guys last two years in the playoffs.

0 td 1 int 51.9 (Super Bowl Win) It wasn't pretty, but it was gutsy and he didn't give up. He didn't listen to the people that said he couldn't do it.

1 td 1 int 99.2 (Super Bowl Win, exclamation point on a career)

John Elway.

What point are you trying to make? That while Tony Romo hasn't won jack shit to date, he could still win the SB someday? Yes he can. So can Tavaris Jackson or Tim Tebow. So can anybody for that matter. They could be like Elway and win the big one after a rough start, or more likely, they will continue to be losers.

My point is to not be so quick to judge people. It's easy to sit back and say this person or that person sucks. Romo doesn't suck. He's been unlucky and made some bad decisions, but he does not suck and is highly capable of winning the big one.

Romo gets treated as if he's a John Kitna or even Derek Anderson. Romo needs to improve in some areas no doubt, but he does not suck.

To say Elway rode Terrell Davis is overly harsh isn't it? Yeah Terrell was the best player on the team, but Elway was certainly a big part of the offense both years. I don't think just any QB could have QB'd those Denver teams to Super Bowls.

My point is to not be so quick to judge people. It's easy to sit back and say this person or that person sucks. Romo doesn't suck. He's been unlucky and made some bad decisions, but he does not suck and is highly capable of winning the big one.

Romo gets treated as if he's a John Kitna or even Derek Anderson. Romo needs to improve in some areas no doubt, but he does not suck.

To say Elway rode Terrell Davis is overly harsh isn't it? Yeah Terrell was the best player on the team, but Elway was certainly a big part of the offense both years. I don't think just any QB could have QB'd those Denver teams to Super Bowls.

I judge people based on their track record, and Romo has shown the propensity to wilt under pressure in the biggest situations, which is part of the reason his late season and playoff record is so poor. If in your opinion choking away games (I believe twice this year alone) and playing awful in December and January translates into him being highly capable of winning the SB and becoming the second coming of Jon Elway then I guess you are just an out of the box thinker.

My point is people can learn from their mistakes. Romo is very capable with 90 plus ratings every year. It's not like he's got physical limitations or doesn't understand the game. His decisions need to improve in big games but that does not mean he sucks. It means he needs to adjust to pressure. If he tossed more INTs than TDs or had poor Ypc or poor Ratings we could talk about him "sucking". Similar to Elway.

He was off all game for sure. But isn't that when you're supposed to, you know, help him on track by taking the pressure off?

Well yeah but no matter what anyone else did or didn't do it does not make me think anything better about the game he had. He had plenty of time often today and overthrew, under-threw, or completely missed open targets. I know Cam is not the best, but when Joe throws a bad INT or misses open targets the way he frequently has this year - I am not going to place the blame anywhere else even if "we shouldnt have passed" or "Cam called a bad play" etc.

In 9 games this year he has had 4 bad games, some awful. He is not a good QB and I see nothing to make me think he is progressing at all.

The problem as I see it is, and its harsh, is that Joe has been good enough to warrant a contract extension. So I really do not have any high hopes for this team for the foreseeable future.