ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens are #3 in the NFL

vmax

In drops.

That a lot of points, yardage and first downs left on the field. It's a playoff killer.

"There's no sense in us throwing it today because our receivers will only drop it."

"Well John, I'd prefer that you throw it anyway rather than ruin."

Ravens_Browns_Football_97017_team.jpg

Very interesting. I don't know why that should be with Boldin but T. Smith is a rookie and he's having some drops though I think he'll improve and be the long needed speedy receiver we yearned for. I wonder who ranks where individually on the team with drops. This is probably another reason Joe's completion percentage isn't what it could be.

Maybe after Joe gets his big contract deal he can start schmoozing with the WRs, buy em dinner, rolex watches, etc. :bleh: .

Seriously, he and his WRs need to get there act together....quick. We wont survive with sub par passing performances in road games at Cincy and San Diego.

Boldin, Evans, Smith, Pitta and Dickson need to elevate their game and play at a high level from here on.

Speaking of which, the Chargers, while probably out of the playoff picture, may be peaking at the wrong time (for us). Judging from last nights performance, Rivers, Gates. Jackson and Malcolm Floyd are beginning to jell and will be chucking it all over the place when we meet on Dec 18th. They will be a very, very formidable opponent for us. Pagano better get Webb and Jimmy Smith on the same dang page, starting sunday against Indy. Dont think Indy and Orlovsky's going to be bashful about winging it around either.

:gorave:

Even off all of Joes drops had been caught I cannot see it changing his % more than 5%. THere are also some dumb plays out there that make no sense.

There were 7 dropped balls in Sundays game, I bet his percentage changes 10-15% if you add em up throughout the season.

According to this article we're 5th in dropped passes with 26. However Green Bay is 7th with 24.

Aaron Rodgers has only attempted 408 passes while Flacco has attempted 434. Aaron Rodgers has completed 288 while Flacco has completed 240. Even if Flacco had every dropped pass back, he still wouldn't have a high completion rate. The problem is with his decision making and the play calling. They need to be more efficient in that regard.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

According to this article we're 5th in dropped passes with 26. However Green Bay is 7th with 24.

Aaron Rodgers has only attempted 408 passes while Flacco has attempted 434. Aaron Rodgers has completed 288 while Flacco has completed 240. Even if Flacco had every dropped pass back, he still wouldn't have a high completion rate. The problem is with his decision making and the play calling. They need to be more efficient in that regard.

http://stats.washing...ge=NFL&rank=232

NO!!! you give him those 26 drops as completions and his rate jumps from 55% to 61.3% completion rate..Hes a career 60.4% passer.

NO!!! you give him those 26 drops as completions and his rate jumps from 55% to 61.3% completion rate..Hes a career 60.4% passer.

The point is they're part of the game. The least dropped passes in the league were only like 13 or so. You'll also notice that the teams that are at the bottom really don't pass as much. Even if the Ravens only dropped 10 passes as a team, Joe is only getting 16 completions back.

His completion percentage would be 58%. And, if we're gonna pass that much, we're gonna have drops. Papa also made a good point in that Joe would have had dropped passes last year too and still had that completion rate.

I tried to find out how many passes the Ravens dropped as a team in 2010 and was unsuccessful.

If Flacco throws for 60% the rest of the way with his average attempts per game of 33, that would be 20 completions per game. He would finish the season 320 for 566. That's a 56% completion percentage. Joe is gonna have to finish the season on a tear to reach his career completion percentage. On the flip side, Joe's completions are going for bigger gains, but being realistic he'll probably finish with the lowest completion percentage of his career. He'll also probably finish with less TDs than last year as well.

I'm not too concerned, despite the stats, I think Joe has really grown as a QB. I'm very happy with where he is at

If Flacco throws for 60% the rest of the way with his average attempts per game of 33, that would be 20 completions per game. He would finish the season 320 for 566. That's a 56% completion percentage. Joe is gonna have to finish the season on a tear to reach his career completion percentage. On the flip side, Joe's completions are going for bigger gains, but being realistic he'll probably finish with the lowest completion percentage of his career. He'll also probably finish with less TDs than last year as well.

I'm not too concerned, despite the stats, I think Joe has really grown as a QB. I'm very happy with where he is at

Agree...The only 2 things I'd like to see from Flacco is less fumbles and more accuracy at the beginning of games. Sometimes it looks like he has to get in a groove after a few series.