ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Playoffs: Championship Weekend

deeshopper

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you just have to pray for Willis.

As for this game, it is exactly like the first Steelers game, the personal foul changed the whole momentum. You go from only needing 20-yards for a gameleading field goal to needing 50+ yards.

Exaclty. I cannot fathom what the fuck Stone thought he was doing. We had serious momentum...it was just completely assinine and made absolutely no sense.

As for the Clark hit, it was completely unintentional. As a football player, he was running full speed to where Flacco was throwing the ball. Both him and Willis were on a straight path for a head on collision, there was nothing anyone could do.

Still should have been a penalty for leading with helmet....I've seen this called in other games, like the hit on boldin this yr.

That wasn't the case before the bonehead penalty happened.

The worst part is during that commercial I mentioned to my guests how happy I was that the Ravens were keeping themselves under control and not doing anything stupid.

I hope Harbaugh knocks Stone's teeth out. What a dumb motherfucker.

Still should have been a penalty for leading with helmet....I've seen this called in other games, like the hit on boldin this yr.

But that's just it, he didn't lead with his helmet. He lead with his shoulder, but McGahee was not lined up like he thought, and so their helmets connected. Also, in the case of Boldin, the penalty wasn't for helmet-to-helmet, it was hitting a defenseless receiver, which McGahee wasn't.

Anyway, just remember that while this loss hurts, we weren't even expected to sniff the playoffs this year. Flacco is a rookie, hes going to have bad days against good defenses, so its kind of early to give up on him like it seems like some people are doing here. We'll be back next year, Flacco will have a training camp in which he is expected to be a starter (remember, he started the year as a 3rd stringer), and we'll have some new toys for him to play with (like a receiver that can get open consistently, maybe?) I know it hurts, but just relax, don't get on Flacco too badly, and be glad with all the memories this unbelievable season has given us.

I'm proud about how far we made it but without some major changes next year this is as far we will go. Everyone knows we need a good wideout but really it comes down to a real starting RB someone else on the D-line to get pressure in the tight games to help suggs out, a revamped CB corp and another TE who can make the big 3rd and mid/short catches. I love Heap but he isn't the same guy after all those big hits

But that's just it, he didn't lead with his helmet. He lead with his shoulder, but McGahee was not lined up like he thought, and so their helmets connected. Also, in the case of Boldin, the penalty wasn't for helmet-to-helmet, it was hitting a defenseless receiver, which McGahee wasn't.

Anyway, just remember that while this loss hurts, we weren't even expected to sniff the playoffs this year. Flacco is a rookie, hes going to have bad days against good defenses, so its kind of early to give up on him like it seems like some people are doing here. We'll be back next year, Flacco will have a training camp in which he is expected to be a starter (remember, he started the year as a 3rd stringer), and we'll have some new toys for him to play with (like a receiver that can get open consistently, maybe?) I know it hurts, but just relax, don't get on Flacco too badly, and be glad with all the memories this unbelievable season has given us.

How was Willis not defenseless? When your lookin back and catch the ball and then turn and get rocked in the helmet....How much more defenseless do you need? If he wasn't defenseless, he would have tried to brace for the impact.

How was Willis not defenseless? When your lookin back and catch the ball and then turn and get rocked in the helmet....How much more defenseless do you need? If he wasn't defenseless, he would have tried to brace for the impact.

Defenseless means that he is in the air after a pass has gone by. In the NFL rules, a ballcarrier cannot be considered defenseless by definition.

Strengths: Qb, Oline, Punter,

Areas to improve: Dline (get younger, get peppers), Cb (find some solid youth), WR (need smith to improve, Dwill to improve or find a big play wr elsewhere). Look what fitzy did for his team today, we need a guy who can be like him.

Question Marks: LB ( I say pay suggs, sign ray, bart can walk), RB(Willis - is he starter material, mcclain - back to fb?, rice - good 3rd down back)

How can you say our strength is at QB when he just lost us the game.

OH MY GOD SHUT UP.

I sat here all week and said that having Flacco wing it all game would be our downfall. He's a rookie, he's our future, but he's not a star yet. And here we are, without a win and without a runningback...

Yes it was if Hines had been in all game we would have been murdered

I agree, but there was no reason to reflect back to pre-game thoughts just because the Ravens ended up losing.

I knew it would be tough with all the injuries, but I wasn't going to believe the Ravens were going to have no chance before the opening kickoff.