ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Quotes

vmax

"It's been a pass-friendly league," Rice said, "but if you look at where I put myself, I gave you 13 (1,364 rushing yards) and seven (704 receiving) to put myself at 2,000. Just doing my job rushing and receiving, I think, will be good enough Sunday. Running backs will be used a lot in the playoffs."

On Yates by Taylor who played against him in college...

“He’s a talented young guy. He’s managing the game and playing well for his team,” Taylor said. “He’s just trying to manage the game, do what the coaches ask. He’s a good player. I think our defense is prepared for him, though.”

"Cincinnati is out, Pittsburgh is out, Atlanta lost this weekend. It lets us know that we just have to go out there and let everything hang

out," said Redding who didn't go to the playoffs for the first seven years of his career, but now has gone in back-to-back seasons with

the Ravens. "You can't go out there and play cautious. Just get it, man. Go get it."

APTOPIX_Ravens_Bengals_Football_99859_team.jpg

"The 'Bank' is going to be rocking. Everybody out there is going to be screaming loud. It's going to be crazy," Redding said. "[Yates] is

going to have a hard time trying to make his checks. He is going to have hard times really trying to let the guys know when a blitz is

coming because it is going to be noisy, and we want that. The defense really feeds on that energy, but for a young quarterback coming

into a hostile environment and really having troubles with communicating, it's going to play into our hands. We are just going to sit back

and let the crowd do their thing and do our job."

Ravens_Bengals_Football_99729_team.jpg

I was listening to Ed Dickson on 105.7 this afternoon, Purple and Black attack. He said the energy has been through the roof this week...he gave an example where the guys were in the weight room and Redding just jumped up and shouted "IT'S OUR TIME". They are jacked up and ready to go. This team is motivated like no other team left in the playoffs. Most of the key guys have been here for 3 of the previous playoff runs, including the big disappointment last year. Motivation is not a guarantee for victory...you still need to some lucky bounces here are there, but I think we'll definitely see an across the board rise in intensity this week. I can only hope it catches the Texans off guard and they can't keep up!

Well excuse me!

The print was so small I didn't see that I had cut and pasted it there.

Well...let me paste another one to make sure it's not a problem with my computer...

On one side hung a very large oil-painting so thoroughly besmoked, and every way defaced, that in the unequal cross-lights by which you viewed it, it was only by diligent study and a series of systematic visits to it, and careful inquiry of the neighbors, that you could any way arrive at an understanding of its purpose. such unaccountable masses of shades and shadows, that at first you almost thought some ambitious young artist, in the time of the New England hags, had endeavored to delineate chaos bewitched. But by dint of much and earnest contemplation, and oft repeated ponderings, and especially by throwing open the little window towards the back of the entry, you at last come to the conclusion that such an idea, however wild, might not be altogether unwarranted.

But what most puzzled and confounded you was a long, limber, portentous, black mass of something hovering in the centre of the picture over three blue, dim, perpendicular lines floating in a nameless yeast. A boggy, soggy, squitchy picture truly, enough to drive a nervous man distracted. Yet was there a sort of indefinite, half-attained, unimaginable sublimity about it that fairly froze you to it, till you involuntarily took an oath with yourself to find out what that marvellous painting meant. Ever and anon a bright, but, alas, deceptive idea would dart you through. -- It's the Black Sea in a midnight gale. -- It's the unnatural combat of the four primal elements. -- It's a blasted heath. -- It's a Hyperborean winter scene. -- It's the breaking- up of the ice-bound stream of Time. But at last all these fancies yielded to that one portentous something in the picture's midst. That once found out, and all the rest were plain. But stop; does it not bear a faint resemblance to a gigantic fish? even the great Leviathan himself?

09-raypg-vertical.jpg