ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Clayton reports

cravnravn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim H. had a good year there is no doubt about that. However, he did not draft the SF defense in one year, they were allready intact. He did manage to get the players to respond better than Singletary did. But to say that he out coached his brother is debateable the NFC West provides two games with the Cardinals, two with the Seahawks, and two with the Lambs. Brother John's AFC North division was the only division in the NFL to produce three playoff teams. And to me the tiebreaker is when the Ravens beat the 49er's head to head. There has been improvement every year John H. has coached the Ravens in team discipline and (I know the numbers do not bear the evidence) their red zone offense. The Ravens were only one completion away from the superbowl this year, I am pretty sure a lot of football fans wish they could say that for their teams. I wish Cam would have been shown the door as much as anyone else on this site. I wonder if Pags going to Indy stopped the plan because a winning team does not want to spend the off season trying to find an offensive and defensive coordinater at the same time.

True, the west is awful. But I listed earlier all of the big wins the 49ers had this year, including Monday night against the steelers, the saints in the playoffs when they were the hottest team in the league, the bengals, eagles and lions, and the giants not once but nearly twice. Lots of great wins for an Alex smith-led team. He didn't build the defense in a year, but getting Alex smith to play well is arguably an even bigger accomplishment.

In that super bowl, the giants had scored 10 points going into the final minute, and it took the luckiest catch of all time (helmet catch) for them to even have a chance to score 17, which STILL isn't a lot. I don't get your point here.

Belichick in no way lost that game, whereas Harbaugh rushed Cundiff onto the field to kick a huge field goal when he had a timeout to use.

And boldin should have had 200 yds and 3 td with a 5'9 receiver covering him, not one big catch

You're right, Belichek had nothing to do with the dropped INT that would have sealed the game. Same as Harbaugh could not have stopped evans from dropping the td pass. Lastly, it was a 32 yard chip shot, Cundiff should have made the FG regardless, he admitted as much. Harbaugh is not a terrible coach for not using the TO that Im sure you werent worried about sitting in your chair. Crap happens. Lets move on with our record setting coaching staff. We look like a lock for our fifth consecutive playoff appearance.

Lastly, it was a 32 yard chip shot, Cundiff should have made the FG regardless, he admitted as much. Harbaugh is not a terrible coach for not using the TO that Im sure you werent worried about sitting in your chair. Crap happens. Lets move on with our record setting coaching staff. We look like a lock for our fifth consecutive playoff appearance.

I was definitely worried about the kick - and that was without knowing Cundiff had been "confused" as to the down situation. Cundiff has been shaky this year, and it was Harbaughs job to calm him down. But it was a big moment, and he was probably still thinking about the Evans play and took the FG for granted.

I was definitely worried about the kick - and that was without knowing Cundiff had been "confused" as to the down situation. Cundiff has been shaky this year, and it was Harbaughs job to calm him down. But it was a big moment, and he was probably still thinking about the Evans play and took the FG for granted.

you are the worst kind of fan.... the one that looks at the results then decides what you should think. I kinda feel sorry for you. I bet watching the games aren't even fun for you.

I'm still amazed that a team could win 13 teams and be told they didn't have a great year

you are the worst kind of fan.... the one that looks at the results then decides what you should think. I kinda feel sorry for you. I bet watching the games aren't even fun for you.

I'm still amazed that a team could win 13 teams and be told they didn't have a great year

Have you been following any of this? Basing your opinion on the results ONLY is what you are doing. Who said the team didn't have a great year? They were 7-0 against playoff teams going into the Pats game. I'm saying, despite the results, there are still areas in which we could improve. We had one of the best seasons in our history this year, and three key errors at critical points kept us out of the Super Bowl. (Evans drop, pre-kick confusion without timeout, and missed 32-yard FG) Evans is to blame, Harbaugh is to blame, and Cundiff is definitely to blame.

Btw - how DARE you question another person's fanhood. You're the worst kind of human being, definitively, without question - and I only just heard of you 30 seconds ago.

Harbaugh did his job, Evans and Cundiff did not. Every Raven will tell you that.

The only Raven I heard say anything negative about Cundiff was Cundiff. I guarantee you that Suggs would say Harbaugh should have called the timeout, if he was being honest. He came just short of saying it on First Take when he was talking about the "confusion" before the play. But of course no player would ever say anything negative about a coach - they know all about the Harbaugh doghouse.

The only Raven I heard say anything negative about Cundiff was Cundiff. I guarantee you that Suggs would say Harbaugh should have called the timeout, if he was being honest. He came just short of saying it on First Take when he was talking about the "confusion" before the play. But of course no player would ever say anything negative about a coach - they know all about the Harbaugh doghouse.

Bologna, no one was clammoring for a TO. Not a player, coach, or fan at home. It was a routine kick that was missed. Suggs loves Hafbaugh and so does the rest of the team.