ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rex Ryan Agrees to Four-Year Deal to Coach Jets

ravinmaniac52

- Rex Ryan Agrees to Four-Year Deal to Coach Jets --

Mon Jan 19, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Baltimore Ravens DC Rex Ryan has agreed to a four-year contract to become coach of the New York Jets, according to multiple sources. Lawyers are reviewing contract language before an official announcement is made. A news conference introducing Ryan is scheduled for Wednesday. The Jets made a formal offer to Ryan "about an hour" after the Ravens lost 23-14 to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game, the sources said. Ryan's four-year contract is in line with other first-year head coaches that have been recently hired, but a Jets source said it was almost identical to the $11.5 million deal that the Rams gave New York Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo on Saturday.

-- Rex Ryan Could Raid Ravens Coaching Staff for Jets --

The Baltimore Sun reports if Ravens DC Rex Ryan officially leaves, look for him to take several Ravens coaches with him to the Jets, including linebackers coach Mike Pettine, who would become the Jets' defensive coordinator. Ryan also likes Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson, who would become the Jets' offensive coordinator. The only problem is Jackson could have more than one offer. Jackson was once the Cincinnati Bengals' wide receivers coach and tutored Bengals QB Carson Palmer in college. Cincinnati HC Marvin Lewis could be interested in Jackson becoming Cincinnati's offensive coordinator.

-- Rex Ryan Could Raid Ravens Coaching Staff for Jets --

The Baltimore Sun reports if Ravens DC Rex Ryan officially leaves, look for him to take several Ravens coaches with him to the Jets, including linebackers coach Mike Pettine, who would become the Jets' defensive coordinator. Ryan also likes Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson, who would become the Jets' offensive coordinator. The only problem is Jackson could have more than one offer. Jackson was once the Cincinnati Bengals' wide receivers coach and tutored Bengals QB Carson Palmer in college. Cincinnati HC Marvin Lewis could be interested in Jackson becoming Cincinnati's offensive coordinator.

Damn. Sounds like a mass exodus !

This is bullshit...according to kffl, Rexis taking the whole defensive staff...

Jets | Jackson could be hired as coordinator

Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:04:59 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets may hire Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson as their offensive coordinator if current offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer does not want to remain with the team.

Jets | Carrier expected to be hired

Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:01:33 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are expected to hire Baltimore Ravens defensive backs coach Mark Carrier to their coaching staff.

Jets | Brooks expected to be hired

Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:59:46 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are expected to hire Baltimore Ravens defensive line coach Clarence Brooks to their coaching staff.

Jets | Pettine expected to be defensive coordinator

Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:59:30 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports Baltimore Ravens outside linebackers coach Mike Pettine is expected to be hired as the New York Jets defensive coordinator.

Hugh Jackson deserves an OC job. I do not think anyone in the Castle believed that we would be able to keep Hugh as a position coach for more than a year. He is just too talented and intelligent. I would not let Brooks or Carrier leave for lateral moves, they have been tremendous this season. I do believe that Brooks and Ryan are good friends, we should not keep Brooks here against his will.

Somebody raid the damn Steelers' staff!

It seems like every year we lose a ton of coaches and scouts. <_<

Maybe we should raid the Steelers staff. They could have our next DC. :o

Hugh Jackson deserves an OC job. I do not think anyone in the Castle believed that we would be able to keep Hugh as a position coach for more than a year. He is just too talented and intelligent. I would not let Brooks or Carrier leave for lateral moves, they have been tremendous this season. I do believe that Brooks and Ryan are good friends, we should not keep Brooks here against his will.

Maybe we should raid the Steelers staff. They could have our next DC. :o

Very true about Hugh, the guy is just football smart. It was great to watch him in camp with all three QBs.

I think he can only take 2 of our guys/coaches.

At this time Mike Pettine, I think Jackson will wait to see what he can get out of the Cats.

Sorry. Just seen this.

-- Jets Working to Keep Brian Schottenheimer --

Tue Jan 20, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports new Jets HC Rex Ryan met Monday with OC Brian Schottenheimer in an apparent attempt to convince him to remain as the offensive coordinator, according to a league source. The Jets are optimistic that Schottenheimer will stay, but he's said to be disappointed that he didn't get the head-coaching job. To appease him, they may give him the authority to assemble the offensive staff. Schottenheimer is under contract for 2009, but he is drawing interest from other teams. The Jets would like to keep him, in part, because they believe it might help convince QB Brett Favre to return for another season.

I honestly hope Jackson is hired as the offensive coordinator here sooner before later. After Harbaugh, he just became the most important coach we have.

I am thinking this as well, but Cam is here to stay. We will get Cam some new weapons on offense, and Cam will make the necessary adjustments. He is still a good coach. With a whole offseason working with Flacco, I am sure we are going to see some new wrinkles in the offense to cater towards Flacco's strengths. It is going to suck losing Jackson though.

The Jets are optimistic that Schottenheimer will stay, but he's said to be disappointed that he didn't get the head-coaching job. To appease him, they may give him the authority to assemble the offensive staff.

It seems like Rex has some headaches already.