ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

R.I.P. Whitney Houston.

BengalBilly

And if you read the link you posted you would have seen no mention of ANY abuse, brain anneyurism can happen to anyone, so dont avoid the headache if you have one that persists..

Now who's the jackoff?

Precisely.

And guess what? If drug abuse had caused that woman's stroke and subsequent death, she wouldn't deserve sympathy either.

Of course you're being argumentative, don't be silly. I said nothing about wanting anyone to rot in hell, and vaguely recall saying that Crav was too harsh. I don't, however, have any sympathy for someone who intentionally abuses something obviously and potentially fatal (not to mention illegal, in this case) to the extent that fatality is realized. Deal with it.

PS: "without knowing anything about the circumstances" is a nice way of circumventing the entire argument to prove a point, when the fact is that the circumstances are rather clear.

Apples & Oranges comparison...You dont light a cigarette, then die in the bath tub..Mixing illegal drugs, or for that matter prescription drugs and alcohol can cause immediate death, as happened in the case with Belushi, Len Bias and Im sure others..But I'll wait 2 months for the tox report to come back, they have alreadu ruled of finding Xanax and alcohol, now add some coke to that mix, and you have your recipe for instant death.

Well, intentional is suicide. So, someone who smokes, gets lung cancer, and dies...that's a go for hoping they rot in hell?

Or you eat to much fried food and die of a heart attack. You fail to get a mamogram and die of breast cancer. Spend to much time in the sun and get skin cancer. There seem to be so many neglegence related ways to die.

Apples & Oranges comparison...You dont light a cigarette, then die in the bath tub..Mixing illegal drugs, or for that matter prescription drugs and alcohol can cause immediate death, as happened in the case with Belushi, Len Bias and Im sure others..But I'll wait 2 months for the tox report to come back, they have alreadu ruled of finding Xanax and alcohol, now add some coke to that mix, and you have your recipe for instant death.

But you can fall asleep while smoking and light your bed on fire. If people want to destroy their lives however they see fit let them. Bee it driving without a seatbelt, riding a motorcycle without a helmet, smoke, or do drugs. I don't care how they see fit to mess up their lives because I do not want to live in a nanny state. I think people in the US should have the freedoms that our founding fathers decided to fought for. That also includes the right to be stupid and useless.

Or you eat to much fried food and die of a heart attack. You fail to get a mamogram and die of breast cancer. Spend to much time in the sun and get skin cancer. There seem to be so many neglegence related ways to die.

But you can fall asleep while smoking and light your bed on fire. If people want to destroy their lives however they see fit let them. Bee it driving without a seatbelt, riding a motorcycle without a helmet, smoke, or do drugs. I don't care how they see fit to mess up their lives because I do not want to live in a nanny state. I think people in the US should have the freedoms that our founding fathers decided to fought for. That also includes the right to be stupid and useless.

Using potentially fatal drugs is much more than a "negligent way to die". It's actively changing the human condition to a preferred state and risking the livelihood of that person to that end.

And I don't think anyone claimed to desire a nanny state. I don't really care what anyone does or uses, either, but I don't expect to be criticized when I show no sympathy because of their choice to instantaneously kill themselves.

No people who are for the failed war on drugs are for a nanny state. People need to have the right to destroy themselves. The govt should not be legislating morality. Prohibition of any kind does not work. It failed on booze. It has failed on drugs. It failed on gambling. It will fail on tobacco when it gets to that time. There will always want what they are told they cannot have. There will always be people willing to provide that thing for a premium and everyone else be damned.

Using potentially fatal drugs is much more than a "negligent way to die". It's actively changing the human condition to a preferred state and risking the livelihood of that person to that end.

And I don't think anyone claimed to desire a nanny state. I don't really care what anyone does or uses, either, but I don't expect to be criticized when I show no sympathy because of their choice to instantaneously kill themselves.

I understand how you feel and will not criticize you for it, not that I agree with you. I just felt the 'rot in hell' remark was pretty cold. I know you didn't make it. Other than that I may not have posted in this thread.

I feel a similar way you do with this whenever a auto racer dies. I am sorry they died but I have a hard time thinking its a tragedy or anything. You go around a track at high speeds with a bunch of other cars doing the same and its surprising when someone dies? I am surprised more people don't.

I do feel more compassion for drug and lifestyle related deaths because I have seen and understand (to some extent, not personally thank goodness) addictions and the damage they do. That's just the way I feel, I do not expect or care so much if people agree with me.

In regards to the 'rot in hell' remark - I am not much of a hater so if someone dies or is harmed in a way that for some reason me sitting on my high horse does not find sad or sympathetic I will not piss all over a thread with disparaging remarks where people are mourning or discussing the person.

• Upvote 1

No people who are for the failed war on drugs are for a nanny state. People need to have the right to destroy themselves. The govt should not be legislating morality. Prohibition of any kind does not work. It failed on booze. It has failed on drugs. It failed on gambling. It will fail on tobacco when it gets to that time. There will always want what they are told they cannot have. There will always be people willing to provide that thing for a premium and everyone else be damned.

We dont need the right to destroy ourselves, we have the Gov't doing a fine job of that all by themselves.

http://dfw.cbslocal....ag-for-houston/

Curious as to whether any of you agree with New Jersey lowering their flags to half-mast in honor of her.

I wouldn't authorize it. It doesn't bother me though because for years there have been some occasions where flags have been flown half mast for entertainers and other celebrities. Paterno? Billy Barty? Werent the flags in Gillette Stadium half mast for a game for Myra Kraft? I do not bear any of them ill will but I would not have made the same decision.

Hell No!! She didnt sacrifice for this country

Well one could make that same argument for some of the many career politicians who have had the flags flown half mast in their honor. Not that I do not see your point.