ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Special Teams dead last in Division.

vmax

It's Bengals, Browns, Steelers than Ravens...

4. RAVENS: Billy Cundiff took a step back from his Pro Bowl season of last year, missing 10 field goals on the road. Sam Koch produced a career- and franchise-best 46.5 yards per punt, but he placed 21 punts inside the 20-yard line -- his fewest since 2007. The coverage teams allowed three touchdowns (two on punts and one on a kickoff). David Reed's strong average as a kickoff returner (29.7) was overshadowed by his three fumbles. Lardarius Webb ranked last in the division with a 10.0-yard average. What could change: The Ravens need to bring in another kicker -- perhaps Shayne Graham -- to compete with Cundiff, especially after that miss in the AFC championship game. Baltimore needs to improve its coverage teams. Three of the team's top four special teams tacklers are free agents.

http://espn.go.com/b...s-special-teams

Rossberg has done little with all the talent that he has. No excuses...his units disappoint even when his kickers are kicking lights out like 2010.

The Ravens need to bring in another kicker -- perhaps Shayne Graham -- to compete with Cundiff

Why? We've been down that path before, didnt Cundiff beat out Graham?

Get younger and draft a kicker, we dont need to be going through trash piles to get a kicker..Special Teams is just as important as O & D and its 1/3rd of that pie thats needed to complete that championship type team.

Why? We've been down that path before, didnt Cundiff beat out Graham?

Get younger and draft a kicker, we dont need to be going through trash piles to get a kicker..Special Teams is just as important as O & D and its 1/3rd of that pie thats needed to complete that championship type team.

No do not draft a kicker. They are not ready for primetime for about 3 yrs. It took Gano time to be ready for the NFL. He was taken by the Ravens and cut before his rookie yr.

I wouldn't draft a kicker but we should definitely bring one in as an undrafted free agent and maybe take another look at Graham. I'm not for throwing Billy C to the wolves but he wasn't so hot even before he got injured this past season. A little competition would be a good thing for his confidence if wins it and if he loses the competition we get a better kicker---maybe.

Shit!.... it's the tackling and gap intergity that pisses me off. Yea...he has no tackling MoFo WR's and TE's out there.

Then nobody blocks or creates lanes for the runner.

Then...the good runners fumble, so we settle for any guy who can catch the ball.

It's a joke.

I didn't hear about that injury. Who knows. He is a kicker so he may heal and be fine.

Yeah Pops, he broke his back in 2 places in the last game of the year vs the Eagles.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Graham-Gano-broke-his-back-in-two-places.html

I would still get us a kicker in the 6th or 7th rd, and have open season on Billy Evans..

I dont know how he could show his face in camp and face Ray, Ed, Joe...

Yes it still bothers me.

Yeah Pops, he broke his back in 2 places in the last game of the year vs the Eagles.

http://www.nationalf...two-places.html

I would still get us a kicker in the 6th or 7th rd, and have open season on Billy Evans..

I dont know how he could show his face in camp and face Ray, Ed, Joe...

Yes it still bothers me.

He can show his face because he's a competitor. He made a mistake. He's now supposed to hang his head in shame for the rest of his life? Brett Favre never hung his head after throwing away countless games, why should Cundiff? We're not the Samurai, we don't hang our heads when shamed or dishonored. We're Americans and we get the hell back on our horse and say "Fuck you guys, I'm not beaten yet". We get back up. Ray, Reed, and co understand this. They're not going to tolerate continued ineffectual plays, but they're not going to run the guy out on one bad play. He was a pretty good kicker before his injury. It's time for redemption.

Because it cost us a shot in the SB.. When Farve did it, he has a built in mulligan pass that hey used, Cundiff or Evans haven't earned that much clout in the NFL..

It still doesn't address the fact that the guy shouldn't hang his head in shame. He has nothing to be ashamed of, nor should he feel defeated. He's a professional athlete and accomplishment in and of itself. He was having a productive season until his injury and has hit big FGs in the past. He simply made a mistake and most importantly, he didn't try to shirk one bit of responsibility. Not one iota, not even for a second. That's a man with character and that's a man built for a redemption opportunity.

Honestly Favre was more inexcusable and for me, he didn't have crap for clout. Twice Favre single handedly threw away his teams hopes for a Super Bowl, twice. Once during the year his father died and a second time with the Vikings. Both times Favre was around long enough to know better. Favre just couldn't hang the ego for a second and let the "team" win. If he couldn't do it, it wouldn't be done. Inexcusable in a team sport. Favre should be a 4 time SB champion, maybe even 5. Instead he has the same number of Super Bowl wins as Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams. Favre won his share of games, but he also lost his share. And to be honest, the ones he lost always seemed to be on the biggest stage. If he's given a mulligan......so does Cundiff.

Like I said before, if Cundiff continues to not execute, that's another story. However if he hits training camp in stride and is nailing FGs, he's our kicker.

Ya know, after saying all that......with the kickoff being moved up......what about Stover???? hehe Just having some fun.

He's still put them at the 10... :-/

And anyone can nail field goals in the preseason... I need to know if he can nail a go-ahead field goal at the end of a playoff game. And, unfortunately for him, there's no way to know that until it's too late. Rather get a guy who has proven he can do it over time, or at the very least someone who doesn't have a track-record of missing kicks like that.

He's still put them at the 10... :-/

And anyone can nail field goals in the preseason... I need to know if he can nail a go-ahead field goal at the end of a playoff game. And, unfortunately for him, there's no way to know that until it's too late. Rather get a guy who has proven he can do it over time, or at the very least someone who doesn't have a track-record of missing kicks like that.

Well who wouldn't? Typically it's hard to obtain a guy like that, so Cundiff is a much better option than going with an unknown. If we can get a better player for the right price, that goes for any position on this team.

Well who wouldn't? Typically it's hard to obtain a guy like that, so Cundiff is a much better option than going with an unknown. If we can get a better player for the right price, that goes for any position on this team.

I don't follow kicker careers very closely, but aren't there some vets out there? I feel like good kickers are always changing teams. Even Rackers seemed more clutch to me.

Matt Bryant (UFA) - Atlanta

Mason Crosby (UFA) - Green Bay

Phil Dawson (UFA) - Cleveland

Shayne Graham (UFA) - New England

Garrett Hartley (RFA) - New Orleans

Rhys Lloyd (UFA) - Carolina

Ryan Longwell (UFA) - Minnesota

Olindo Mare (UFA) - Seattle

Matt Prater (RFA) - Denver

Dave Rayner (UFA) - Detroit

Jeff Reed (UFA) - San Francisco

Shaun Suisham (UFA) - Pittsburgh

Adam Vinatieri (UFA) - Indianapolis

Matt Bryant (UFA) - Atlanta

Mason Crosby (UFA) - Green Bay

Phil Dawson (UFA) - Cleveland

Shayne Graham (UFA) - New England

Garrett Hartley (RFA) - New Orleans

Rhys Lloyd (UFA) - Carolina

Ryan Longwell (UFA) - Minnesota

Olindo Mare (UFA) - Seattle

Matt Prater (RFA) - Denver

Dave Rayner (UFA) - Detroit

Jeff Reed (UFA) - San Francisco

Shaun Suisham (UFA) - Pittsburgh

Adam Vinatieri (UFA) - Indianapolis

There are definitely some guys on that list I'd like to bring in, with the new kickoff rules