ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Evans, Carr...Gone

vmax

No word on Foxworth yet...

Evans was reportedly due $3.27 million in base salary for 2012, and was due a $1 million roster bonus in March.

Like Evans, Carr was a more expensive veteran who was passed over for younger, cheaper talent partly because of injuries.

Carr played admirably in starting 16 games in 2010, but was also sidelined for seven games last year by a nagging hamstring injury. Cornerbacks Lardarius Webb, Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith leapfrogged him and made up one of the best defensive backfields in the NFL.

Carr had signed a reported four-year contract before last season, and was reportedly due a $2.5 million base salary and carried a $3.45 million salary-cap figure into next season.

There is no word from the organization on the fate of cornerback Domonique Foxworth, who is named in reports among those to be released.

The Ravens also announced that they put running back Ricky Williams on the reserve/retired list, which gives the Ravens his rights if he decides to return to the NFL.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/03/02/ravens-officially-release-evans-carr/

You never know with Ricky...

He was injured. He is one of the most talented wide-outs that will be available and he already has a year of familiarity with Joe under his belt. There isn't a better option in my eyes. If another team really wants him, then I don't think we should get into a bidding war for him, but if we can sign him to a good deal then take him.

Completely agree on Evans. I wouldn't have been upset if we had kept him around at his old salary, but I understand given his year why they cut him. He is exactly what we need, and will be fine once healthy. Unless we go big and get someone like Wallace, I don't see a better option than Evans at $1.5 Million + incentives.