ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bizarre rumor

GrubberRaven

So on the Scott Garceau/Anita Marks show (Anita being in Tampa with JO) Anita began blurting out that Jacksonville and Miami are vying for Jason Brown. Supposedly Tony Pashos and Brown are close and 'word' is we're planning on using Chris Chester as the center now...

I SERIOUSLY hope this wrong, but figured I'd throw it out there to distract us from all the resign Ray/Suggs/Leonard talk...

Brown is one of those guys that we should match whatever offer he gets, regardless. He is young, talented, and his best football is still ahead of him. You could argue that he deserves to be a top paid center in this league. Brown has stated he wants to be back, so as long as we at least match the highest offer he gets, he should be back. Jason knows that we are in a much better position than Miami or Jacksonville to make a run at the Super Bowl. While he is close with Pashos, I am sure he is just as close with the guys along our o-line. Plus, who knows how much longer Pashos will be with the Jags.

We finally have an offensive line that can block very very well...........pay them. Seattle would probably still be a contender if they would have paid their offensive lineman instead of letting them walk after their SB loss. I believe two of their starting unit walked and they had what was thought at the time, the best offensive line in football.

I hear Tom Brady is tired of all the Cassel talk and is willing to come to Baltimore to fill our WR needs.

I knew god would be here sooner then later!

The Jags are close to $16 mil. under the cap and they too have a center they would like to re-sign, Brad Meester. I am sure they would like to keep Khalif Barnes around also. Then there is LB Mike Peterson, what are they going to do with him? I am sure they also have RFA they will sign so their cap number gets even smaller.

Miami is looking good, $28mil under but they have more then a few FA they would like to sign and I am sure they have a few RFAs. The Phins will go after Peppers in a big way. They also used a 2nd round pick last year on a center, Samson Satele.

Right on cleetz...Jason has more close friends here. That line really bonded this year. They became the hardest working unit on the team.

Marks talks too much without thinking....you got it right...she blurted out.....can't wait for her to give her daily saying that "the NFL is a b-u-s-i-n-e-s-s. It's all about the B-e-n-j-a-m-i-n-s"

Like we don't know Anita...BTW...nice job talking about Ray Lewis's pending Free Agency around week 6 and just about every day of every week thereafter. You got the morons calling in and talking about it every day and we had little time for that weeks up coming game and matchups. With the Willis MaGahee stuff, ....good job keeping the season in the background.

Now is the time to talk about that dammitt!!...The Off Season....We've got months with NO GAMES!!!

Oh!...You're talked out on that now?.... right?

Did I get off tangent? :D

Anybody can figure out that Brown will get solid attention and offers on the market. He's a key member of the Ravens O line who had a very solid season. Jason will only get better. I love the guys character and attitude.

He wants to stay a Raven but Ozzie won't go crazy. He'll do what he did with Pashos...right player/right price...and if Brown gets offered ridiculous money like Pashos, than Oz will let him go.

I also think Ozzie will give a handsome counter offer because they are building the line of the future for their QB of the future.

I think the odds are good that Brown stays because the money will be good.

Pashos simply wasn't worth it...hell...he was in shock when he heard the offer...reports are the offer made him sick because he had to leave the Ravens for the money...or the wife would you know what.:)

has anyone (besides force) noticed the name Kyle Boller has not been mentioned since training camp. WHere do you all think he'll end up? Obviously not here.

I don't think that's obvious at all. Like it's been said already, Ozzie's motto is "right player, right price" and they may well decide it's worth keeping Kyle. Especially if Smith keeps making noise like he wants to be the starter.

He wants to stay a Raven but Ozzie won't go crazy. He'll do what he did with Pashos...right player/right price...and if Brown gets offered ridiculous money like Pashos, than Oz will let him go.

I also think Ozzie will give a handsome counter offer because they are building the line of the future for their QB of the future.

I think the odds are good that Brown stays because the money will be good.

Pashos simply wasn't worth it...hell...he was in shock when he heard the offer...reports are the offer made him sick because he had to leave the Ravens for the money...or the wife would you know what.:)

While I also do not think Ozzie will go crazy, it is certainly a different situation than Pashos. Pashos was an average player, Brown is an All-Pro talent who still has his best football ahead of him (this was his first full year at center since his Senior year at UNC). There is a lot more flexibility with what we can pay Brown for he deserves to be a top paid center in this league. When the Jags gave Pashos a contract comparable to a Pro-Bowl tackle, we knew he was not worth it because he was/is not a top offensive tackle. Jay Brown is definitely worth top center (even guard) money. So if Brown gets that big offer, it would be worth it for us to match. Unless the offer blows away the previously highest paid center/guard, then we are certainly justified in giving Brown top five center/guard money.

I don't think that's obvious at all. Like it's been said already, Ozzie's motto is "right player, right price" and they may well decide it's worth keeping Kyle. Especially if Smith keeps making noise like he wants to be the starter.

well you have to remember, He has zero chance at becoming the starter. (injuries excluded) its not like he, smith and flacco are going to have another 'may the best man win' contest like last season. I would think Boller has the confidence in himself to want to go somewhere and actually compete for a starting spot. Has he even recovered fully from his injury?