ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NO destroyed on bounty gate

papasmurfbell

This is BS. There is no difference between this and getting an extra $2 mil for getting 10 sacks.

Please papa. There is a huge difference. Grabbing a QB and tackling him legally is one thing. Going for his knees or slamming him into the ground is another.

Can someone please show me the low and or illeagal hit on Brett Favre in the NFCC? He had a bounty. I must have missed it.

This whole thing is a misdirrection on the NFL's part to show due dilligence in the upcoming lawsuits. "See we care for player safety." Had they used a different word than bounty it would not have been a big deal.

Peyton must love awkward moments because I'm sure he's having a lot of them hanging around the owners meeting.

Now he's playing owner and GM by talking to Parcells. Who runs the show in New Orleans?

Must be Payton.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/goodell-urges-saints-to-meet-with-him-could-reduce-suspensions/

</h2>

<h2 class="h1 entry-title"> Goodell urges Saints to meet with him, could reduce suspensions

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell continues to maintain that he has the full authority to decide on the suspensions of four Saints players for their roles in the team’s bounty program, but in his letter to the four players today, he provided at least a glimmer of hope that he could be persuaded to reduce those suspensions.

In the league’s announcement about Goodell upholding the suspensions of Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Packers defensive end Anthony Hargrove, Saints defensive end Will Smith and Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, a portion of the letter from Goodell to the players indicates that the Commissioner still wants to hear from the players and is committed to listening to what they have to say.

“While this decision constitutes my final and binding determination under the CBA, I of course retain the inherent authority to reduce a suspension should facts be brought to my attention warranting the exercise of that discretion,” Goodell wrote to the players. “The record confirms that each of you was given multiple chances to meet with me to present your side of the story. You are each still welcome to do so.”

For their part, the players seem to think meeting with Goodell would be futile, and they’d be better off going to court to obtain an injunction preventing the NFL from implementing their suspensions. Goodell may say his door is open and he’s ready to listen, but the players believe he has presided over an unfair investigation that he has no intention of opening his mind.

This screams I do not want any outsiders looking at the evidence. This whole thing could blow up in my hands.