ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pic of Phelps smoking bong is real

Guest BallTMore

The commonality of it means absolutely nothing.

In regards to normality it does. It may not mean anything legally or morally or anything else, but it certainly means something in terms of normality.

Almost half of high schoolers have said they have smoked marijuana at least once. Almost half.

That's probably more than listen to any one band... more than saw The Dark Knight... more than will go to college... more than play a sport competitively... more than own a car...

In regards to normality it does. It may not mean anything legally or morally or anything else, but it certainly means something in terms of normality.

Almost half of high schoolers have said they have smoked marijuana at least once. Almost half.

That's probably more than listen to any one band... more than saw The Dark Knight... more than will go to college... more than play a sport competitively... more than own a car...

My point was that it has no effect on whether or not it should be accepted, or excused, or anything else.

But I was arguing all along against your point of "It might be common, but that doesn't make it normal."

And sure it does... just like exceeding the speed limit and rolling through the occasional stop sign...

No, normal has nothing to do with accepted. It has to do with being common or average.

If something is commonly done, it is normal.

How can acceptance have anything to do with normal?

Blonde, Brown, Black and Red are all common colors of hair in humans. However, I don't like or accept people with blonde hair. So only Brown, Black and Red are normal colors. Blonde hair is common, but abnormal. Most people don't like it.

I'm confident that the case isn't going anywhere, either. But I have great respect for the principle of it.

Also, I'm getting really tired of this same ridiculous "pot is good" vs. "pot is bad" argument every time this sort of issue comes up. I think everyone here knows which side I'm on, but my god I'm sick of it...

I'm confident that the case isn't going anywhere, either. But I have great respect for the principle of it.

Also, I'm getting really tired of this same ridiculous "pot is good" vs. "pot is bad" argument every time this sort of issue comes up. I think everyone here knows which side I'm on, but my god I'm sick of it...

Then stay out of the topic. Notice I have. Hell you wanted to start the thread.

But my point remains... marijuana use or 'trying' is not uncommon and very much IS normal.

Well over 90% if my close personal friends and co workers (my employer included!) have admitted past and occasional present marijuana usage. In the '70's I went through an ounce a week. Now four tokes in a year is plenty for me.

Weed usage is no worse than booze usage, and almost as normal. If Force ever took a toke, the percentages would be even. :D

Wanted? Not quite. Stay out? I'd love to. Never have to deal with the garbage associated with it again? My dream.

But should it be?

Should it be? Well I was just stating that speeding is widely accepted and normal. As for should it be that's an opinion question, I can see some instances where I think the speed limits are too strict or low. I assume you are looking for the answer that speeding shouldn't be normal or accepted because its breaking the law. Sorry.

I do think most driving infractions are more serious than smoking pot.

• 3 weeks later...