ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pic of Phelps smoking bong is real

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Now we know the real reason he eats 15,000 calories a day! Munchies. Imagine the hits he takes with his lung capacity!

phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg

Olympic great Michael Phelps acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after a photo in a British newspaper Sunday showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

Full story here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/91601...P&GT1=39002

He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do," a witness said of the swimming superstar, according to the News of the World report.

"He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."

Damn!

That's going to cost him a ton of endorsement money.

If he's doing that then he can forget about doing anything in the next Olympics.

Tried to post this earlier... but error...

1. Classic Phelps. He's a frat/party boy. His friends are frat/party boys. He's just a big child who's never seen the light of day. Can't expect him to act like he knows what he's doing...

2. I keep seeing this in my head: DUI, Strip Clubs, Illicit Drugs... Pacman Jones?

3. Endorsement punishments are going to hurt. His sucky apology was fun, though.

I'm so sick of arguing this with anyone. "Oh, it was only pot."

"Oh, he's just a kid."

"Oh, at least he didn't hurt anybody."

He's not the F*CKING American hero you want him to be, and everyone wants to apologize for him like it's no big deal. I'm so sick of it. Sick of the acceptance of someone doing something like this. Sick of all of it.

*sigh*

Well, in Phelps defense when comparing him to Pacman... Phelps hasn't had any (public) physical or violent altercations. He had a DUI and now a photo of him smoking up. Both stupid, both ridiculous... but both minor.

If he were getting into trouble on a regular basis, if his stupid drug issues were interfering with his physical abilities, and if all his issues were being compounded by his own physical violence... then it would be a lot more like Pacman.

For now, Phelps is acting like 50% (or more) of the college-age population. Which is what he is. Doesn't make it right, just makes its normal.

He's a kid with millions of dollars. He never has to work another day in his life. This is what 90% of 23 year olds in his situation would be doing. Im 23 and I know I would love to sit around all day and toke up, unfortunately I have a real job with real responsibilities :(

I will admit the DUI was moronic, call a fricking Limo you have a million dollars.

I do not see this as a big deal either. To all the kids that are disappointed in Phelps, that's life. It's not like all of those kids were never going to smoke weed sometime as a teenager. And for those that never do, it's not because they looked up to Michael Phelps or any other athlete.

Well, I think 'trying' drugs... especially weed... is 'normal' these days. Sad, but true. Not true of me, even, but I bet it's true.

Common and normal to try.

Now, from what I know of Phelps and his friends... he's probably done more than just try... but that's guessing. Suffice to say, he's not a 14 year old being pressured into it...

Guest BallTMore
Now, from what I know of Phelps and his friends... he's probably done more than just try... but that's guessing. Suffice to say, he's not a 14 year old being pressured into it...

True, and that's why the "He's a 23 y/o" excuse is funny. He knew what he was doing and risking, and he doesn't care. He's not sorry he did it, he's sorry he got caught. But, he'll never do it again, and by that he means get caught. :lol: