ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

This was brought up on Bruce Cunningham's show yesterday

papasmurfbell

Teams that maintain a high level of young guys are their roster are not successful. They're too young. Teams that maintain a high level of verterans on their roster are usually going for broke to win the SB. (Usually lol) Teams that maintain the mix, as has been previously stated, are in the running every single year. We have that mix. Ozzie has been doing very well in that regard. If we get Hightower this year, one defensive need is taken care of. Also, who's to say that Reed's replacement isn't in this draft. What round did we get Webb? Did anyone think Cary Williams was gonna be a starting CB?

There's no need to get rid of rice for more picks. If we could get rid of an older Vet for more picks......well, now my ears are open. I won't mention names cuz it hurts.

They had so many breaks go their way last yr so don't put everything on that. Also the D is very old with Ray and Ed. They will both be gone soon and need to have their replacement seasoned and ready to go. Pollard is also in his last yr. He may or may not be the guy at SS going forward. At LT and OC they will need new guys in 2013. Those guys will need seasoning too.

To me that is retooling.

actually giving up a top 3 rb in the league for a prospect is not retooling. Also other than Ray and Ed... who else is old? The cb's are very young. Suggs not old.. Dline isn't old. Ray is old as dirt and Reed is past his prime, other than that we have a pretty young Defense. The steelers are old on D.. Not us

Ray and Ed are old. JJ who jkust left was going ionto yr 10. Leach is 9 yrs in and how long can he last. Bouldin is 10. Birk and McKinnie are at 15 and 11 yrs. Ayambadejo is at 10 yrs. That is a good number of high end age.

Yes...and every year they turn over about 15 players so this is no big deal. The Ravens are not old. Average roster age is middle of the pack.

Leach, Birk, Bouldin, McKinnie, Ayambadejo can all be replaced. They can all be productive this season. They are not Hall of Famers like Ray and Ed...who won't be replaced in quality but Ozzie will find some very good replacements and the coaches will taylor the defensive scheme to the strengths of the talent that they have.

Ray and Ed are old. JJ who jkust left was going ionto yr 10. Leach is 9 yrs in and how long can he last. Bouldin is 10. Birk and McKinnie are at 15 and 11 yrs. Ayambadejo is at 10 yrs. That is a good number of high end age.

funny you talked about how old the Defense is.. then names offensive players.

funny you talked about how old the Defense is.. then names offensive players.

Plus a guy who isn't on the team anymore! He sounds like the national media:

Ray and Ed are old therefore the Ravens are old.

Please, here is a dollar, go buy yourself a clue Papa:

united_states_one_dollar_bill_obverse.jpg

Yeah I should buy a clue. I have been saying tradee out for how long? How many here were saying trade up? I have called the downfall of the Ravens for a few yrs.

And you have been wrong lol. We've had no downfall. You're chicken little.

Saying we should trade back is not tremendous insight. We've got a lot of money wrapped up in some really good guys. Trading back in this draft if no one was available makes sense. We could use some more blue chip young guys, keeping this team in a state of constant but as stable as possible turnover.

This Ravens team is no where close to being bad. (Barring injury of course as is always the case in the NFL)

So They didn't fail in the playoffs because the run game doesn't work well like I was on the Ravens about for almost the whole season. The run D really played well despite me saying they are only OK at run D now.

Oh no, you don't get to change the subject. You stated that you have been saying that you've been calling the downfall of the Ravens for years. Being 1 dropped pass from the Super Bowl is not failing. Making the playoffs 4 straight years is not failing. Only one team wins the Superbowl. That doesn't mean all the rest are failures.

I have never said the team would suck. I have called for winning records for the last 3 yrs. I have just said they are flawed and would not make the SB. So maybe you shouldn't change the subject.

What a prediction Nostradamus lol. It must be hard making such a bold prediction. You're right on the edge with that one.