ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Which newscast do you watch?

ForceEight

Just wondering. I find newscasting, in general, pretty interesting. It's like sports without athleticism. :lol:

In the morning, it's always WJZ for me, if only because that's what my mom has always had on when I go up since...forever. I'll also watch them if I'm home in the afternoon.

WBFF is the only one I'll watch at night; I think they do it a lot better than anyone else.

I HATE Fox and CBS (WBFF and WJZ). They are both SOOOO gimmicky and ridiculous. I feel like their graphics are designed to attract the attention of older and/or less intelligent people. Just like FoxNews channel. WJZ's overly-bright and glaring red-yellow-blue graphics KILL me.

I prefer to watch WBAL when I watch and have occasionally enjoyed WMAR (Channel 2). That is more because it is so local, since I live in Towson. Many of WMAR's personalities live nearby.

Overall, however, I don't watch local news. I flip to CNN long before local news. I catch maybe 10 minutes of an 11pm news broadcast a week... I never watch the midday, 5pm or early morning news.

I don't see how you think WBFF/WJZ has any more or less gimmicky graphics than WBAL. WBFF especially. Their graphics used to plain suck, but they're actually probably the cleanest in town. They're pretty popular, too.

WJZ isn't gimmicky so much as it's plain ugly. Especially being a CBS O&O, you wouldn't expect that. It's too colorful and, well, ugly. But I like the personalities more than any other station.

WMAR has always been notoriously just...bad. Things have gotten a little better, I guess, but they're still nothing special at all.

I just watched clips from each newscast on their websites and I stand by my opinions earlier.

Fox45 and WJZ are both gimmicky to me. Overly dramatic and hyped-up graphics.

WBAL is by far the best.

WMAR is just... poor (financially). The graphics are a little gimmicky, but okay. They've tried so many different plans (teaming up with The Sun, teaming up with InsideBaltimore, etc etc), they are just all over the place. But I still like the people there more than WJZ and Fox

WMAR is just... poor (financially). The graphics are a little gimmicky, but okay. They've tried so many different plans (teaming up with The Sun, teaming up with InsideBaltimore, etc etc), they are just all over the place.

And that dam Norm Lewis and his polished head.

WMAR is just... poor (financially). The graphics are a little gimmicky, but okay. They've tried so many different plans (teaming up with The Sun, teaming up with InsideBaltimore, etc etc), they are just all over the place.

And that dam Norm Lewis and his polished head.

Dude he's growing his hair back, it's like a Chia Pet.

I always watch WMAR for for snow and extreme weather because they are typically withing 5 minutes of my house.

What is local news? I only watch the main news channels... CNN, MSNBC, Fox News (for perspective), and Comedy Central. I've heard that there's a HLN, but I refuse to support any channel that will have Nancy Grace on their payroll. And that's coming from a guy who will watch Fox News, despite Sean Hannity having a job there.

Headline News (HLN) is a joke.

During the day, it's no better than just regular CNN or MSNBC to get headlines. So I don't know why it is even needed.

Then around 6pm it turns into a cheap version of Entertainment Tonight.

And then Nancy Grace comes on and you get to watch them talk about Caylee Anthony for 3 hours. Seriously, I don't think Grace has talked about anything but Anthony and Blagovich on her show for the last four months. Nothing else. Ever.