ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Os Offense Woes

I wouldn't got that far. We can get any number of new guys - perhaps not top tier, but pretty good - without dipping that deep. Our minors aren't deep, that's for sure, but in some ways isn't that just more reason to trade anyone who's NOT Machado or Bundy (or Britton)?

I'm sure Chris Tillman (all of 24) and a few pieces, be they veterans (Reynolds, Betemit?) or else (Schoop, Steve Johnson), could fetch a single bat that's suitable...

If the Sox can get Youkilis for a utility infielder and a 26 year old "prospect" who's already been in four organizations, I would muster a guess that we could get similar with the ranks of Tillman, Reynolds, Betemit, etc... Now I didn't want Youk (and still don't), but he's enough of a player to be worth the gamble in theory. You don't think we can find a veteran outfielder with some qualities to fill that gap in left field?

Fair enough. I'd say Matusz is on the table still too.

But I still say that if Youk can be had for a pair of nothings, we can get equal or better for what little we have. You don't think we could get a corner outfielder from the likes of San Diego, Cleveland, Seattle, Houston, Chicago (Cubs), etc for what we have? I haven't looked at rosters, so I don't even know what they might have to offer. But I'm betting that we could a 'win' in a trade from any major seller with the few prospects/vets we have that would be marketable.

Or Clev gets healthy. Something has to break.

Cleveland got healthy. They are not a good hitting team.

Looks like the O's pitching needs to get healthy too.

Ugh, I don't care about acquiring pitching or hitting, could we just get some DEFENSE? Our corner infield and outfield spots are MISERABLE right now. There have to be some cheap guys out there that are solid defenders. Honestly, I do not care if they can't hit a lick at this point. Our defense looks like an elementary school team out there. It's one thing to lose because you are simply outmatched by another team. It is another thing to lose because of sloppy play and terrible fundamentals. It is embarassing.

They made Cleveland look like a very strong and powerfull team.

Friday night I felt like the O's were going to come back and win...the rest of the games I had the tv on while I did other things because the sloppy fielding, the decline of the pitching staff, the absence of hitting and the 587 players left stranded on base hurt my eyes.

The need a 3rd baseman, first basemen, left fielder and 2 solid starting pitchers to get into the playoffs.

BaltimoreOriolesLogo.gif

So there is no need to trade everything. I would be a seller. This season was put together with smoke and mirrors. Get more talent to spread around so the mediocre like Reynolds can be thrown away.

I dont think its put together with smoke & mirrors, I think Peter Irsay is just allowing Buck to be the coach that he is..

This all-star break is coming at an opportune time, I think the O's should sit pat, and play the cards they are dealt..They are only 5 n a hook out, and percentage points out of the wild card chase..

Oh, and Im not jumping on any bamdwagon, just calling it like I read about it, and if the O's hit the mother load, maybe my Son will help with this boat I have my eye on and keep telling him about :kool: