ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Fire Cam !

Robjr83

I'm tired of his old predictable BS. Look at play on the safety, Leach ran a good run.... Joe got sacked the next play.... Balls on the 2 yard line...what do you call...PASS? Cam made his name off LT and Brees, after that he went to MIA and did nothing, and has done nothing here as far as I'm concerned.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o181/Robjr83/PUBLIC/?action=view&current=camfastfood.jpg

I just don't see how firing an OC midseason helps. It takes a full offseason to install an offense. I would understand a little more the team wasn't in the playoff hunt.

Let me clarify....I want Cam fired too. I wanted him gone after last season. I get that Harbaugh wanted to keep consistency etc. However I think John just made the wrong call with Cam. It's time to rectify that.

Now Pees on the other hand. I wouldn't mind letting him go and moving on in another direction with the defense. This can't much worse defensively.

In any case, under Harbaugh we've played very well after byes and down the stretch. I think Harbaugh has another CTJ talk with Cam and we return to running the football. We're a play action running football team and Cam can't coach much else. That is what it is. If Harbaugh and Co want a no huddle up tempo offense they're going to have to obtain an OC that can deliver that.

I'm sure we'll return to running the ball.....this seems to happen every year lol.

I see no problem firing Cam mid-season. We have a decent OC in the wings with Caldwell. He's had all offseason to learn Cam's offense which I'm guessing can't be too hard since the announcers are predicting the Ravens plays.

I see no problem firing Cam mid-season. We have a decent OC in the wings with Caldwell. He's had all offseason to learn Cam's offense which I'm guessing can't be too hard since the announcers are predicting the Ravens plays.

Obviously I'm no coach or GM, it just seems to me that it's awfully tough to change signal callers midway through a season. I'm all for getting rid of this guy. He doesn't disguise a thing and the blocking schemes are so vanilla it's ridiculous. I watched Pitt run three successful reverses. Cmon, we haven't run but 1 in 3 years? (I don't really know how many successful reverses we've run, I'm exaggerating a little)

I think we're going to have to get back to running the football and Flacco throwing 15-20 times a game. That's our winning formula. After the season....we gotta let Cam go, Super Bowl win or not.

Yes I still think we can win the big game. Suggs is back and faaaaarrrrrrrrr healthier than I imagined. Jimmy Smith is going to get better. We're going to run the ball, we have 2 capable running backs. We're going to get back to throwing to our TE's.

We're also going to blitz more.....did I mention Suggs is back? lol

Don't fret, Harbaugh has been good about righting the ship in the past.

@ cleetz.... Joe deserves tons of blame for his performance, but if you look at what experts and former players are saying...they're saying the offense is very predictable. The TV analysts are calling the plays before they happen. Any DC worth their paycheck can figure out this team. How come we don't run crossing routes? Every team runs crossing routes against us and puts up #s.

He and Joe were one droped pass away from the Super Bowl.

Just scrap the no huddle for road games.

Bottom line: If the D can't get a 3 and out....which they can't....the offense just sits on the bench getting cold.

Yea....Cam gave up on the run way too early. Sundays game plan was bad IMO.

Ray Rice ran for 27 yards on 3 carries in the first drive. The drive stalled on three consecutive incompletes. After the first drive, Ray got a total of 6 more carries the rest of the game - including NONE on the ensuing two drives when Houston had been stopped without scoring on consecutive drives.

Someone explain that to me. And someone explain how it is not the fault of the playcaller - in our case, the offensive coordinator.

So, you're up 3-0 on the back of your RB... the opposing offense, which we all knew was going to hit this D eventually, is sputtering... and our plan is to give it back to them as quickly as possible even when our D is doing it's job.

Rice got his 4th carry as the last play of the 1st quarter. The second quarter started with the INT for a TD; and from that point on you can be sure Cam was able to use his favorite excuse: we were down by more than 10 and had to pass it or else.

How do you stop a defensive line from mugging the QB and deflecting half our pass attempts? Run it at them to keep it honest.

How do you pick up a third down and short? Run it and keep them honest.

How do you keep the clock moving when your D has been on the field excessively? Run it and keep them honest.

How do you restore some confidence in a QB and WR corps that are struggling? Run it and show them we can get yards and hold them up.

We have many problems on offense - many are more than just playcalling. But seeing how we CAN execute at times, it makes me think that playcalling has to be a significant portion of our issue. Our WRs can rarely get separation. That makes me think the plays are predictable. Joe rarely has time to throw. That makes me think the plays are predictable. The DL doesn't even pretend to guard the run. That makes me think the plays are predictable.

Not to mention the plays are crap.

Week 8 is a bad time to change OCs. Harbaugh better have that CTJ meeting with Cam, but he needs to be gone after this season. I'm all for promoting Caldwell, and doing it the right way will put him in a position to succeed. Trying to change mid-season won't accomplish anything positive.

Pees could be gone tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. There's still too much talent there for them to be playing that poorly.

I think we need to scrap the no huddle altogether. Or at least on the road. It makes no sense for the way this team is built. We should be eating as much clock as possible. Sustaining drives to keep this terrible defense off the field. It doesnt work in our favor at all. When we throw three straight plays in a no huddle situation how much time does it take off the clock? 60 seconds? Thats pointless. Even we do run the ball the runs are so vanilla. Theres no pitches or toss plays, barely any screen passes to rice, no cutbacks. These are the plays the plays marshall faulk used to do all the time that rice should be doing. If u look at what the cardinals used to run with boldin we never do that. The wr screens, i saw pittsburgh last night line up four recievers in a diamond formation and mike wallace on the other side. Why do we not do anythinf like this? Cam has to go. Rice should be getting 20 touches on the road

I think we need to scrap the no huddle altogether. Or at least on the road. It makes no sense for the way this team is built. We should be eating as much clock as possible. Sustaining drives to keep this terrible defense off the field. It doesnt work in our favor at all. When we throw three straight plays in a no huddle situation how much time does it take off the clock? 60 seconds? Thats pointless. Even we do run the ball the runs are so vanilla. Theres no pitches or toss plays, barely any screen passes to rice, no cutbacks. These are the plays the plays marshall faulk used to do all the time that rice should be doing. If u look at what the cardinals used to run with boldin we never do that. The wr screens, i saw pittsburgh last night line up four recievers in a diamond formation and mike wallace on the other side. Why do we not do anythinf like this? Cam has to go. Rice should be getting 20 touches on the road

Bingo to the Boldin WR screens. It's beyond incomprehensible why we do not run screens to Boldin. Cam IMHO just doesn't want to design an offense that is tailored to players' strengths. He wants his offense run the way he wants it run. It's too bad cuz we do have some really good mismatches, we just flat out do not take advantage.

And shouldn't there be at least one screen a game to Ray Rice? Honestly. lol

We should put the no-huddle hurry-up offense on the back burner. Our defense just isn't good enough be on the field if the offense is misfiring with 3 and outs. Limit the D's time on the field. Go back to the huddle-up as as others have mentioned and I absolutely agree with, throw some damn screens to Boldin and Ray and at least occasionally use a 4-wide set.

So many different formations that other teams use, even ones we use to do that Cam has abandoned. Anyone remember the uneven line? How about putting McKinnie at TE in a I-Form set? You'd have Leach, and McKinnie in as extra blockers.

So many different formations that other teams use, even ones we use to do that Cam has abandoned. Anyone remember the uneven line? How about putting McKinnie at TE in a I-Form set? You'd have Leach, and McKinnie in as extra blockers.

Whoa......that would require creative thinking and using players strength's......who let this guy in the meeting room!!!????!!! lol

I agree completely......where's the inventive creative Cam from Joe's rookie season? It's like he just stopped being creative thinking Joe being better was enough. Frustrating.