ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Dixon tells Steelers---NO

cravnravn

Bitterness, perhaps? Maybe just simple familiarity with an offense?

CBSSports.com reporter Jason La Canfora noted formerSteelers quarterback Dennis Dixon was approached about the back-up opening in Pittsburgh, but he told the team he'd rather stay on Baltimore's practice squad.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/11/20/3670284/steelers-quarterback-search-depth-chart-dennis-dixon-options-week-12-injury-report

Well this makes more sense. Looks like the Steelers were just too stupid to sign Dixon.

Another option could have been Dennis Dixon, a fifth-round pick by the Steelers in 2008 who spent four seasons with the team. Pittsburgh could have signed Dixon from the Ravens’ practice squad, but no such overture was extended.

Dixon said he wasn’t insulted by the Steelers’ lack of interest.

“The NFL can be somewhat tricky at times,” he said Thursday. “At the end of the day, I’m happy to just have a job. Moving forward, if that does present itself, I’ll look really into that and talk to my family and my agent. But right now, I’m happy for the opportunity that the Ravens have given me.”

http://www.baltimore...0,3983625.story

The Steelers didn't offer him anything because they didn't want him. He knew nothing about Haleys offense and it took him 3 years to even start to grasp arains offense. Hoyer was the better choice.

LOL@ hoyer is the better choice. Hoyer can't even unseat Batch and batch is terrible.