ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How about Joe!

vmax

No INT's...1 TD...342 yards...spread the ball to 7 receivers I think....70% completion...

The guys ....a dream come true.

and the crowd went wild for Derrick. Congrats on 800 and another great game.

49515811.jpg

Guest BallTMore

I'm still having trouble getting used to feeling this offense can score at will. 96 yards away? No problem. Need 7 points. Yeah, we'll get that.

It's amazing. Flacco and the offensive line are scary right now.

And the D jumped back into the top 10 at #7..

Life is good now eh?

Joe had a helluva game and the guy has moxey, doesnt he ?

Big numbers indeed against KC, SD and Cleveland ! Now the test comes Sunday @ NE.

We'll know a lot more about this team a week from today

Joe had a helluva game and the guy has moxey, doesnt he ?

He has that look of Unitas Va...Hes like, give me the effin ball, we are going downfield and you cant stop us.

I don't know what Unitas was like, but Joe definitely has that fire inside of him where he always wants the ball in his hands. He has a swagger he did not have last season. I know on a lot of the report cards they said Flacco had a couple of throws that should have been picked off yesterday, but re-watch those throws. The tipped pass on the screen was not really his fault, just a great play by the defender to deliberately bat the ball to the middle of the field. Flacco's throws that sailed were all to Ray Rice, he still needs to get used to throwing towards a shorter target. Then the pass to Mason in tight coverage, that was actually an excellent throw. Flacco put the ball near the turf where only Mason could catch it. If you look at that play, Mason actually dropped the ball. Flacco then threw two very nice balls in the end-zone to Clayton and Washington that were put in places where only our guys could catch them. If you ask me, Flacco earned an 'A' yesterday.

I was sent Preston's grades by someone this morning, normally I do not read his stuff. He gave Flacco a B.

I cannot comprehend how 72% completion percentage, 1TD, No INTs, with 342 yards is a B.

72% is great, does he think other QBs misses are all spiked balls and throw aways?

I dont really care, but I would like to hear his logic. Sadly I bet there is none and this is just an attempt to anger/rile up the readers for attention.

Exactly SPEN, and to top it off he finished with a 111 passer rating.

He has to have one of the top 5 or so in the league so far?

I love it...hopefully for the rest of his career him and Matt Ryan will become the Brady/Manning comparison!

Side note, all the excitement over our new offense, did anyone see that our boy Kyle started yesterday in St. Louis :)

I love it...hopefully for the rest of his career him and Matt Ryan will become the Brady/Manning comparison!

Side note, all the excitement over our new offense, did anyone see that our boy Kyle started yesterday in St. Louis :)

Yeah, I saw Boller came in for an injured Bulger. Bulger got banged up in the 1st half.

Boller threw a nice TD pass but the hapless Rams still came up short.

Guest BallTMore

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009/seasontype/2

Top five indeed.

1. Drew Brees, NO 118.1

2. Peyton Manning, IND 117.7

3. Eli Manning, NYG 104.1

4. Matt Schaub, HOU 101.9

5. Joe Flacco, BAL 101.4

Love this stat, too! Smile Willis!

4481.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring/sort/totalTouchdowns

Sunday will be a whole new ball game as the Browns are making a very strong case for worst team in football (Again) and the Pats have a stronger secondary then a lot of people think and that's part of what scares me about them this year even more then Pittsburgh. Brady is Brady but their defense seems to be back to what it used to be and that's not a good sign for anyone in the AFC.

Hey crav...who does he sound like?

One of the emerging stars in the NFL, Flacco was in high demand by local and national media this week. He had his weekly press conference with local reporters and then had a conference call with the New England media. Flacco had one-on-one chats with the New York Times, ESPN The Magazine before going on the NFL Network and the radio show Mike & Mike In the Morning. He finished up with a 10-minute interview with The Sun for an article that will appear Sunday.

Flacco could've turned down some of these requests, but he did them all. He did have a question of his own.

"Why do they want to talk to me," he said by the end of the week. "I'm not very talkative."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/flaccos_busy_week.html

Answer:

"Talk is cheap"

Johnny U.

UnitasBalt.jpg

Answer:

"Talk is cheap"

Johnny U.

NICE!!!

Now when we used to go to shows with Unitas, and he would question why anyone would spend 100-500 dollars for a piece of card board, we would all laugh..

Now if Joe starts that kinda of talk, it'll be icing on the cake.

Max, you better brace yourself, keep your blood pressure in check, We are in for a hell of a run...

Answer:

"Talk is cheap"

Johnny U.

NICE!!!

Now when we used to go to shows with Unitas, and he would question why anyone would spend 100-500 dollars for a piece of card board, we would all laugh..

Now if Joe starts that kinda of talk, it'll be icing on the cake.

Max, you better brace yourself, keep your blood pressure in check, We are in for a hell of a run...

My blood pressure's good.. :)

Doesn't mean I can't be a nervous wreck gameday though!:D

and I am bracing myself because Joe and this team...and coaching staff have the makings, the chemistry and the looks of...dare I say it?....a dynasty in the making.

It starts with Bichiotti...every thing he touches turns to gold. He took over, watched and waited...saw the change that needed to be made...fired Billick (a ballsy move)...hired THE RIGHT GUY...

Then there's Ozzie and his staff.

Yea...if that group can't make a hell of a run then nobody can.

I'm still having trouble getting used to feeling this offense can score at will. 96 yards away? No problem. Need 7 points. Yeah, we'll get that.

And they proved just that today. Flacco was perfect on that last drive, unfortunately somebody else wasn't. Sheesh I can't get that Clayton fail out of my system. That was the drop of the franchise!

Agreed. The offense and Flacco are legit. I have a feeling Cincinnati is in trouble next week.

Hell yea they are...20-20 tie with the Browns!?!

Need OT to win it!?!

The Ravens will knock the snot and the taste of this game out of them.

What I saw today with watching Joe and Brady was two very similar QBs. To me, both guys are the same style of QB. Very similar pocket poise, excellent mechanics, an almost mired throwing quick, compact throwing motion. It is scary what Flacco is capable of.

How about this cleetz...

Tom's Third-Down Struggles

Tom Brady might have won the game, but he struggled on third-down plays. He was outplayed on that down by second-year quarterback Joe Flacco. Flacco had eight first downs to just one by Brady.

Brady vs Flacco, third down

......QB Brady Flacco

Comp-Att 1-4.... 8-11

Yards 11......... 85

TD-Int 0-0...... 2-0

Passer rtg 39.6.. 125.2

-- ESPN Stats and Information