ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can't get this out of my head

vmax

I feel like the Ravens season turned here....on the offenses final possesion of the first half...

Baltimore Ravens at 0:44

1st and 10 at BAL 13...(Shotgun) R.Rice right guard to BLT 13 for no gain (R.Kerrigan). Timeout #2 by BLT at 00:37.

2nd and 10 at BAL 13...(Shotgun) J.Flacco pass short right to D.Pitta to BLT 22 for 9 yards (L.Fletcher).

3rd and 1 at BAL 22...(No Huddle) J.Flacco up the middle to BLT 27 for 5 yards (R.Kerrigan). QB sneak. Timeout #3 by BLT at 00:16.

1st and 10 at BAL 27...(Shotgun) J.Flacco pass short right to R.Rice to BLT 31 for 4 yards (P.Riley; J.Wilson). End of 1st Half

The Ravens were up by 7 and the offense was hot.

Joe has marched this team down the field and scored TD's with less that a minute thirty. He has had 50 second TD drives.

OK...so they are at the 13 with 44 seconds. Might not get a TD but a field goal would be huge. That would make it a 10 point/2 score lead with them getting the opening kick off of the 3rd quarter. Another score there and the dagger is set.

Instead they open with a running play for no gain. If ever there was a time to pass, it was this time. An incompletion stops the clock. The pass is your friend.

They know the Stealers are losing. A win and they are in. Let's go for it! Come on! Play to win. Keep the heat on!

Plus the defense is decimated. The offense has to sholder the load and score a ton. It's RG3 and Morris...think a 7 point lead with our D is safe?!

Instead Cam plays it safe and sent a bullshit message to the team. I think that's why they opened the 3rd quarter flat. The message sent was "Why try? You can't do it."

5 plays, 18 yards, 0:44 elapsed...why not chuck it down the field 5 times?????????????

Go for it!

Look at the fear in that drive! A QB sneak! Why? Because they were afraid to punt with 16 seconds left because the Redskins might score! They other team might score, but not us! Don't worry! We won't try!

I don't know about you...and I don't want to be right about this...but if the Ravens lose out...and I don't think they will... for me, the season ended or officially went South here.

Yea...I know a lot has been going south all year despite the winning record.

This didn't get Cam fired, but it is a big example of what was wrong.

Edited by vmax

Interesting viewpoint. It was a head scratching set of calls at the end of half, and it may very well have ignited the argument that led to Cam's sudden exit, but to me, the significance ends there. This offense and in particular Joe has been inconsistent and hot/cold all season. If we do lose the next 3 (very possible) it will be because this team has been decimated by injuries and was never quite as good as it's record (when they were 9-2).

These next three games are a rite of passge of passage for Joe. He could potentially hoist this team on his shoulders, play lights out and silence many of the critics.

Or.....he could continue to have his uneven perfromances.......or he could expereince a major meltdown in the final 3 games.

Either way, its going to be very interesting, starting this Sunday against Denver. What an opportunity for Joe !

Crav, Spot on man. Of lesser importance, how about the fumble recovery after we go up 28-20 with 4 + minutes left. Watched again last night and in slow mo -the fumble recovery looked clear to me and Reed had possession before going OB. I thought the official is supposed to have irrefutable evidence to overturn the call. If the official doesn't reverse the call, we have the ball at the Skins 15, run the ball 3 times, burn 2 + minutes off the clock,, at least kick a FG and go up 31-20 with 2 minutes left. Game over and we are 10-2 and win AFCN.

Stinks !!!!

Crav, Spot on man. Of lesser importance, how about the fumble recovery after we go up 28-20 with 4 + minutes left. Watched again last night and in slow mo -the fumble recovery looked clear to me and Reed had possession before going OB. I thought the official is supposed to have irrefutable evidence to overturn the call. If the official doesn't reverse the call, we have the ball at the Skins 15, run the ball 3 times, burn 2 + minutes off the clock,, at least kick a FG and go up 31-20 with 2 minutes left. Game over and we are 10-2 and win AFCN.

Stinks !!!!

10-3, but I get your point. I had company over so I wasn't watching it super intently, but it did look to me like the call should not have been overturned. I agree with you 100%