ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Insider: Ed Reed fined $55,000 by NFL for hit on Victor Cruz

ExtremeRavens

I am with papa on this one. Sure, it is a long process for a fan to walk away, but look at baseball, it's not impossible.

The NFL wants high scoring games like arena football, yet arena football is not widely popular.

The NFL wants contact like flag football, yet flag football is not widely popular.

Could the combination of two relatively unpopular sports become a success? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Then there is one other aspect to consider. The move to HDTV was a very good one for the NFL. I think the NFL looks great on HDTV, but the world of TV is not standing still. They are trying 3D, not a great succes if you ask me, but 4k resolution is around the corner. Is the NFL the best suited sport to take advantage of the move from HDTV to 4k like they were when SD moved to HD? I doubt it.

My guess would be the NHL.

The Defenseless receiver rule is the biggest crock of shit. I hate it. You want to penalize helmet to helmet, fine. But don't tell me you can't hit a guy in the shoulder "too soon" after he catches the ball. The fines for these "defenseless receiver" hits will continue until the league doesn't have this lawsuit hanging over it's head. They should make players sign a waiver that says they can't sue if they want to play in the league, they know the risks full well when they sign up. Everyone would sign it, but of course it would be one hell of a fight with the NFLPA.

I'll sell my PSL when they:

1. Price me out. It's already borderline crazy money. Having the salary CAP keeps me around because it keeps player salaries down. I stopped going to O's games when I saw players who couldn't hit or field making a few mil a year and I paid over $50 for 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas....I truely felt like a Sucker.

2. Finish off watering down the product thru expansion. It's watered down enough.

3. The Browns win a Super Bowl...... :thumbup:

The Defenseless receiver rule is the biggest crock of shit. I hate it. You want to penalize helmet to helmet, fine. But don't tell me you can't hit a guy in the shoulder "too soon" after he catches the ball. The fines for these "defenseless receiver" hits will continue until the league doesn't have this lawsuit hanging over it's head. They should make players sign a waiver that says they can't sue if they want to play in the league, they know the risks full well when they sign up. Everyone would sign it, but of course it would be one hell of a fight with the NFLPA.

The receivers are lowering their heads down toward the defenders helmit to help make some contact possible so they can get the flag.