ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mike comes thru

vmax

While all the other babies are hiding behind their laptops scared of the Denver Broncos, our good friend, old school Mike Preston took pencil and paper and scribbled this out...

Mike Preston

Ravens 28, Broncos 24

Few are giving the Ravens a chance in this game, but there is always one upset in the playoffs. Denver has more overall talent, but the Ravens have just enough veteran leadership to pull the upset. The Ravens were embarrassed in the first game between the two teams, but they'll be motivated this time and they'll take more gambles on both offense and defense.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-playoff-picks-0111-20130110,0,6850162.story

:bow:

Way to go Mike!

I don't know if you are aware of this but the Denver media and fans are having a field day laughing at the Ravens. They spend the rest of their time talking about playing Brady and the Patriots.

They'll be choking on their Mountain Oysters Saturday night! :gorave:

While I don't expect us to win this game I will say that if Denver is taking us too lightly and looking past us to NE they could indeed get a rude awakening. The Ravens are like a wounded animal and the bite could be nasty to the Broncos.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Mike!!!!

I expect to win this game, we were missing so much on D our first meeting, and still Goof ball Manning struggled to hit 200 yards, Kruger is on stride, Ngata is definintely healed, Ray is Ray, and Suggs, and now we have McKinney in there...

IM FRIGGIN PSYCHED!!

While all the other babies are hiding behind their laptops scared of the Denver Broncos, our good friend, old school Mike Preston took pencil and paper and scribbled this out...

:bow:

Way to go Mike!

I don't know if you are aware of this but the Denver media and fans are having a field day laughing at the Ravens. They spend the rest of their time talking about playing Brady and the Patriots.

They'll be choking on their Mountain Oysters Saturday night! :gorave:

Funny. Discount him when he says things you don't want to believe but believe him when you agree.

Funny. Discount him when he says things you don't want to believe but believe him when you agree.

Are you capable of posting in a positive manner?

A stopped clock is right twice a day etc. etc. Just because Preston's a blowhard doesn't mean he isn't capable of being right on occasion.

ER members post: "It's a beautiful spring day. The leaves on the trees are a lush green and the flowers are beautiful!"

papa: 'Yea but they'll be dead and brown by November."

For every one thing he says positive about the Ravens, there are 25 negative articles, so sure we get cranked up when a positive comes out of his yap..

Kinda like someone else we know

Stan the Fan is on board too...

Baltimore at Denver -9

If I am wrong on this game, call me a homer, because I'll be spectacularly wrong. I like the Ravens to win this one, based on a stellar performance from quarterback Joe Flacco. Numbers can buttress the arguments on either side of this one, and stats show the Denver Broncos are in the top four since 1967 in point differential during the second half of games. But the number I get stuck on is Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning's being a losing quarterback during playoff games (9-10).

Prediction: Baltimore 30, Denver 27

http://www.pressboxonline.com/story.cfm?id=9852

The Ravens are going to go into Denver like the 2000 Ravens went into Tennessee and took one from them.

Then on to New England to right a wrong.

Well...I knew Kevin wouldn't wuss out....you have to read his whol;e article....

Ravens Have No Chance – Really?

Do we really have to get on the Ravens’ charter this afternoon and fly all the way to Denver – over four hours on the jet – just to get our butts whipped?

......Denver Post columnist Mike Kiszla wrote this on Tuesday: “If this rust belt town needed a bib to catch all the sentimental tears shed at the last home game of iconic linebacker Ray Lewis, how is Baltimore going to handle the emotional breakdown when the Broncos force him into retirement as a loser.”

Let’s Look Closer

Start with Manning. This future Hall of Famer is 9-10 in his 19 playoff games. He has beaten us nine games in a row, including two in the playoffs.

When Manning plays a team in the playoffs that he faced in the regular season, he is 5-6. When Peyton plays outside in the postseason, he is 3-6. When Manning has played in January with the temperature 30 degrees or less, his QB rating is a meager 66.

It is expected to be 18 degrees at kickoff tomorrow.

Joe Flaccoicon-article-link.gif is 6-4 in the playoffs. He is the only QB in NFL history to go to the playoffs in each of his first five seasons. Joe’s QB rating against the Colts last Sunday was 125.6.

Joe grew up playing in the cold. He’ll be the QB tomorrow not wearing the glove. And, why is Manning wearing the glove? Cold hand? Is he having trouble gripping the ball because of the neck surgeries? I don’t know, but he never wore a glove earlier in his career.

....“We’re right where we want to be,” Reed said.

“We’ve been here before. That’s our way. We’ll be ready. We’re happy no one thinks we can win,” Lewis added. :gorave:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Ravens-Have-No-Chance-–-Really-/4fbe89b9-a620-4e03-8c45-63639ab7a7b1

Found one more national media writer calling for the upset. Peter Schrager at Fox sports.

Yes, I like the Ravens to upset the Broncos in Denver on Saturday afternoon. And it’s not even because I am blown away by Baltimore. Truthfully, I’m just not sold on Denver.

Denver was beaten on a Monday night in Atlanta in Week 2, handled at home by the Texans in Week 4 and outcoached and outmanned by the Patriots in Week 5. Since that Week 5 game against New England, I hate to break this — they haven’t really played anyone.

Outside of Baltimore and Cincinnati — two teams that were struggling mightily prior to facing Denver — the Broncos’ opponents since Week 5 had a combined record of 32-64 this season. Sweeping the NFC North or the NFC East is a major accomplishment. A statement. Beating Oakland, Kansas City, and San Diego twice isn’t exactly sacking Rome.

The Pick: Ravens 27, Broncos 20

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Cheat-Sheet-Baltimore-Ravens-Denver-Broncos-Divisional-Round-preview-010713