ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Let's be Proud

vmax

Today, as this team suits up, let's be proud of our team and city. A lot of mud has been slung their way and they don't deserve it. We have a great football history and legacy here in Baltimore. This is a model organization and franchise. First class all the way. I'm holding my head up as a Ravens fan and feel gratefull for how fortunate that we are.

Take a minute and check out Ray's post game speech. It puts everything into perspective...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000125232/Lewis-postgame-speech

modellpic.jpg

Max,

All good points . After watching last Sundays game in section 111, I am very proud of this team and all they accomplished this season.

Regardless of today's outcome, they have exceeded my expectations, especially given the injuries and adversity.

Lots to be proud of here.

Go Ravens !

We are damn fortunate to be fans of such a team and organization.

Play like a Raven. It means something. All the young guys and subs and beat up players showed up and played like Ravens.

Their will was stronger than the rested, 11 game winning streak, Peyton Manning led Bronco team at home in their stadium, in front of their crowd....who were "sent out into the weeping and knashing of teeth".

I could not be more PROUD to be a Ravens fan after that gallant effort. They just wouldn't lose. Wow! Way to go Joe! Way to go Torry! Way to go Ray! Way to go Sizzle! Fuck you special teams outside of Tucker! Way to go Rice!

Oops.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8818825/no-win-situation-baltimore-ravens

LOL I was literally just telling my wife about this. Also, Double Oops

10. Who is going to meet in the AFC Championship Game? Does anybody seriously think there is any suspense to this question? Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have met enough times in past postseasons to know they're on a collision course once again. They will have to play some tough games next weeklend, but Denver and New England will nevertheless advance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8818904/nfl-playoffs-broncos-patriots-ravens-texans-set-tangle-divisional-round

LOL I was literally just telling my wife about this. Also, Double Oops

Triple oops (from December)

5. Do the Baltimore Ravens have enough defense to make a run? It would've been heresy to suggest this at the start of the regular season. Now it's a legitimate question. Even with Ray Lewis returning from a torn right triceps, this unit has plenty of issues to address. Outside linebacker Terrell Suggs has had little impact since his return from a torn Achilles. The unit also lost cornerback Lardarius Webb in mid-October (torn ACL) and wasn't exactly shutting people down before the injury bug hit. The encouraging news for the Ravens earlier in the season was that their offense seemed explosive enough to compensate for those problems. Not so much anymore.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8794673/nfl-playoffs-afc-better-think

And those people get paid to write that drivel.

There were only a handful of professional writers that picked the Ravens today. The Denver fans were laughing at us all week. I bet they're not laughing now, but I am.

Ahhahahahahahaha!

Well, I wasn't picking the Ravens. I couldn't even watch the fourth quarter! But I'm proud to be a Ravens fan!

There was this shit too...

ESPN.com’s Monday morning headline was “Thanks for the Memories” with the subhead saying: “Because Sunday was your final win, Ray Lewisicon-article-link.gif. Your career will end in Denver.”

Denver Post columnist Mike Kiszla wrote this on Tuesday: “If this rust belt town needed a bib to catch all the sentimental tears shed at the last home game of iconic linebacker Ray Lewis, how is Baltimore going to handle the emotional breakdown when the Broncos force him into retirement as a loser.”

That’s not even a columnist having a good time. That’s harsh. Ray Lewis a loser? Whoa! (And, Mike, by the way, Baltimore is on the East Coast – on the Chesapeake Bay. The rust belt? That’s near Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, maybe even as far west as Gary, Ind. and Chicago.)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Ravens-Have-No-Chance-–-Really-/4fbe89b9-a620-4e03-8c45-63639ab7a7b1

They all look like football mental midgets and some of them...like real first class assholes.

Well, I wasn't picking the Ravens. I couldn't even watch the fourth quarter! But I'm proud to be a Ravens fan!

You didn't pick them, but you weren't actively rooting against them either. It just seemed like everyone was hoping for a Broncos win. They so wanted to see another Brady/Manning matchup.

And those people get paid to write that drivel.

There were only a handful of professional writers that picked the Ravens today. The Denver fans were laughing at us all week. I bet they're not laughing now, but I am.

Ahhahahahahahaha!

You are right about that. The Denver fans and media were looking past us. By the way post of the day came from a Chargers fan on the ESPN board:

We might have had 4th and 39,

but the Donkeys had 70 yards and a TD on 3rd and 3 with 31 seconds left

There were numerous times when this team could have given up and they didn't. Mistakes were made but they kept fighting and made some huge plays to survive then win. Very impressive. No matter what happens we got something special today, a win for the ages.

Did any hear Harbaugh talk about the text Bisciotti sent him during the game? Something along the lines of: "I have never texted you during the game and even though we are down 35-28 this is the greatest playoff game I have seen from the team since the 2000 Super Bowl."

Yea...I saw that.

This game ranks #2 on my all time list. The playoff game against the Titans in 2000 is #1. This could become #1 when the Ravens win the Super Bowl this year. :gorave:

The problem I had was most people weren't even giving the Ravens a chance. They were acting like it was a foregone conclusion. That article Max mentioned from the Denver paper...wow

Ravens fans are giving it to that Denver Columnist

Re: Article Discussion: Kiszla: Ravens aim for different result

icon_post_target.gifby Zygote on Yesterday, 7:55 pm #2826933

Thanks Kiszla! Your words gave us Ravens more motivation than you will ever know.

Enjoy your humble pie chump!!

Sincerely,

The city of Baltimore

Article Discussion: Kiszla: Ravens aim for different result

icon_post_target.gifby ravensnationLA on Yesterday, 8:54 pm #2827125

Different result?

'We'll make it different,' Boldin vowed.

Way to punctuate the column! Oh, well, I guess mission accomplished. I imagine that next time you talk to the Ravens, instead of looking at their comments as punchlines, you'll see them as warnings to be heeded. That's how we do things in the "rust belt." Seems like most of your own readers don't care for your arrogance, but I'll just say thanks for the great article and enjoy your time off.

The game is now classified as an "Epric Game".

Writers are comparing it to the "Immaculate Reception" calling it the "Flip" ...meaning Joe's toss to Jones.

Here's a great artticle...

Ravens' rally already an NFL classic

There was no way for Goodell to know that, seven hours later, his league would have just experienced the exact type of game it needs. Fans and players were in for an epic double-overtime victory by the underdogs, a game of almost Biblical proportions that will go down as one of the greatest games in playoff history, a 4-hour-11-minute affair that reminded us – despite all of the very scary and very real problems that the league currently faces – what we love about this game, and what it teaches us about life.

Just listen to what Ravens head coach John Harbaugh told reporters after rookie Justin Tucker kicked the game-winning 47-yard field goal a few minutes into the second overtime for a 38-35 Ravens upset: “Thanks for bearing witness to one of the greatest football games you’re ever going to see.”

“That’s the beautiful part about sports,” Lewis said. “That’s the thing that, if I probably will miss anything about my career, it will be to listen to people say what you can’t do – and then go do it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Baltimore-Ravens-Ray-Lewis-improbable-comeback-Denver-Broncos-Peyton-Manning-011213