ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tell the Truth

vmax

Of course I lied....as the clock ticked, I thought the Ravens were about to blow the biggest lead in Super Bowl history.

Then...with each stop on that goal line stand, I felt like I was seeing history.

4th down....down to 1 play....Holy Shit!

Joe Flacco was a doubter too...

The Ravens held on down the stretch though, with two short field goals by rookie Justin Tucker padding the lead, and the Lewis-led defense stopping the 49ers on a fourth-and-goal at the 5.

"I was sitting there thinking, 'There's no way. There's no way we stop them here,' " Flacco said. "But we did."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8912329/super-bowl-2013-joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-named-mvp

Of course I lied....as the clock ticked, I thought the Ravens were about to blow the biggest lead in Super Bowl history.

Then...with each stop on that goal line stand, I felt like I was seeing history.

4th down....down to 1 play....Holy Shit!

Me too. I didn't know what to expect so I would not have been too upset with a loss. Well I would have felt bad but I wouldn't have been amazed.

However after that lead if we lost it would have bothered me a lot. After the win, their comeback might and the goaline stand might actually make it a sweeter win than an easy one.

My wife actually had her eyes closed she just couldn't bare to watch them loose the lead. I knew it all along, NOT.

When they got it down to 4th down, I figured Kaepernick would just run it in. I still can't believe Gore never got his hands on the ball on any of those four downs.

After the stand I was screaming at the top of my lungs until I realized there was still time left. Koch's dance in the end zone was absolutely brilliant.

I was actually mad that Reed tackled Gore at the 5 (or whatever it was), because I wanted to let them score and leave Joe with as much time as possible. I had zero confidence whatsoever that they could stop them for four downs. Incredible.

That is exactly what I was saying. Let them score, since I figured they would anyway, and have enough time for Joe to lead a valiant comeback. That's pretty much what he was thinking as well.

My wife actually had her eyes closed she just couldn't bare to watch them loose the lead. I knew it all along, NOT.

When they got it down to 4th down, I figured Kaepernick would just run it in. I still can't believe Gore never got his hands on the ball on any of those four downs.

After the stand I was screaming at the top of my lungs until I realized there was still time left. Koch's dance in the end zone was absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, that was great!

I had my doubts that we'd stop them then thought, how fitting would it be if we did..

Too much going in in my brain, the Trophy, Ray Lewis, adding totals in my league, caus another player picked in the pre season 9ers Ravens SB with the 9ers winning it, Where as I had it 9ers Ravens with the Ravens winning it, those 5 additional bonus points boosted me to first place, if not would have finished in 3rd with no winnings....

So yeah, I was on the edge, even after the safety when Koch punted, I was still worried that Ginn would return it and they'd kick a FG to tie it...

But everybody's happy, the City gets a parade, and the Mrs gets the new comforter set shes had her eyes on for 2 months...