ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

PAGS: Ravens have scary defense

TBird

He should know. He used to coach it and left his prints all over it so for those still worried about

the secondary, get this:

The unit ranks second in the NFL in points allowed (15) per game, and is the top red-zone defense in the league. Offenses are coming away with touchdowns on just 27.3 percent of their trips inside the red zone against Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Chuck-Pagano-Ravens-Defense-Like-A-Scary-Movie/0eb13da6-a955-4f7f-af32-ac173c363608

time will tell, but four games does not show a scary defense. so much changes over the course of a season. a big part of those stats is from the bengals game where they chose to get cute in the red zone or just played it safe, willing to take 3 because the ravens offense could't do anything, marv had more faith in his defense.

What did you want pags to say? He's seen the film's he's seen what we've seen. For the Colts to win they better be scoring on big plays.

Did you even read this:

The unit ranks second in the NFL in points allowed (15) per game, and is the top red-zone defense in the league. Offenses are coming away with touchdowns on just 27.3 percent of their trips inside the red zone against Baltimore.

It scares me.

They will get exposed big time Sunday. All smoke and mirrors.

If you want to mock scary, how about Shipley. He's the starting Center for Indy. The pass rush

should have no problem pushing him back like teams did to him last year and his pal Gino

Did you even read this:

Reread what I wrote, I absolutely know what our red zone d is ranked, I stated they better make big plays if they want to hang with us

I think Pags is blowing smoke up our ass. But those stats about points allowed and redzone are impressive. But not scary. In fact the last defense the Ravens had a D that I'd call scary was Pags' when we had blitzers coming from every direction and getting through or faking it and dropping back into coverage. That kept other teams off balance.

Remember when our Defensive philosophy was 'Organized Chaos"? I really miss that.

• Upvote 1

I think Pags is blowing smoke up our ass. But those stats about points allowed and redzone are impressive. But not scary. In fact the last defense the Ravens had a D that I'd call scary was Pags' when we had blitzers coming from every direction and getting through or faking it and dropping back into coverage. That kept other teams off balance.

Remember when our Defensive philosophy was 'Organized Chaos"? I really miss that.

That was some good stuff, we'll get back there, Mosley will be our mini-ray lewis

I think Pags is blowing smoke up our ass. But those stats about points allowed and redzone are impressive.

That's the bend don't break theory. It actually works while driving the fans nuts.

But not scary. In fact the last defense the Ravens had a D that I'd call scary was Pags' when we had blitzers coming from every direction and getting through or faking it and dropping back into coverage. That kept other teams off balance.

That's when Rex was here and he blitzed most of the time.

That's when Rex was here and he blitzed most of the time.

Actually, Marvin Lewis started it. Rex enhanced it and Pags rejuvenated it after we had a poor defense under Mattison (I think that was his name...he left for a college job). I'm not a fan of 'bend don't break' defenses because it keeps the D on the field too much and wears them out by the 4th quarter (as it did last year). It's also a very passive philosophy. I like aggressive defenses that attack instead.

Our Defense has made 1 interception in 4 games and that was a freak thing by Ngata.

Now, perhaps Pees feels we don't have enough talent to be aggressive. Could be true in the secondary.

Our pass d is 24th Indy is 21, we need this to be a short game, O' s are on at 3:45

yea...the O's need to finish this thing off.

Maryland stomps Ohio State at noon today.

The D will be a little lean today.

Canty's out, so McPhee, Tyson and newly acquired Guy will fill in. No depth after that.

Suggs is active but how effective he will be with a thigh injury remains to be seen.

Webb is active...how much PT and how effective he will be is anyone's guess.

On O...the Ravens only have 2 TE's for today; Daniels and Gilmore. Juice could have a big day.

It scares me.

They will get exposed big time Sunday. All smoke and mirrors.

So much for smoke, mirrors and track shoes. Defense held Luck to 20 pts and that last TD was a gift from Joe

via INT putting ball on 30 yd line. D did OK in red zone again. D sacked Luck up the middle but didn't blitz the

A gap often enough.

It was the offense that didn't show up and lost the game and coaches that put an undrafted rookie LT on an

island by himself.

Defense did the job. Ask Luck how he feels getting hit a lot and going down once.

Wow, Organized Chaos. Sexy Rexy. You just put a tear in my eyes. Those were the good ole days when all teams feared our defense....... ( sniffle ).

So much for smoke, mirrors and track shoes. Defense held Luck to 20 pts and that last TD was a gift from Joe

via INT putting ball on 30 yd line. D did OK in red zone again. D sacked Luck up the middle but didn't blitz the

A gap often enough.

It was the offense that didn't show up and lost the game and coaches that put an undrafted rookie LT on an

island by himself.

Defense did the job. Ask Luck how he feels getting hit a lot and going down once.

D did the job? Really? They gave a 20 play drive, 20 freaking plays, allowed the Colts to hold the ball for 9 minutes in the 2nd and 10 minutes in two other quarters, yet it was the offense that caused the loss? Good job? Not hardly. Yes, the offense could have done more, but then it is difficult when the defense, once again, can't get off the field.