ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Smith gone for 4 games

tsylvester

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000950015/article/ravens-cb-jimmy-smith-suspended-for-four-games

The NFL found evidence of threatening and emotionally abusive behaviors by Jimmy toward his former girlfriend that showed a pattern of improper conduct. Our player's behavior was inappropriate and wrong.

"As an organization, we have carefully reviewed the matter to determine the appropriate course of action for our team to take as Jimmy's employer.

Well, for the short term, losing Jimmy will cost our secondary for Cincy and Steeler games, then we get him back for Cleveland game.

Long term, we might be better off w/o him - given his penchant for injuries and off field shenanigans, plus Humphrey's play.

Sounds like this is his farewell tour in Bmore.

I hate ProFootball Talk but I have to agree with this article. Runningbacks are easy to find, corners not so much, cowards.

The loyalty to Smith would have a similar shelf life, if a video of Smith committing an act of domestic violence were to emerge. But the Ravens, at this point, wont even entertain the possibility that any violence occurred, admitting only that Smith engaged in threatening and emotionally abusive behaviors. The omission of any reference to domestic violence surely wasnt an oversight; if the Ravens dont acknowledge that Smith committed domestic violence, no one can ask why the Ravens would need to see video of it before cutting ties with him?

Ultimately, the Ravens are doing what every other team in every other sport has done and would do in a situation like this. Excuses are made for the stars and examples are made of the scrubs. Because Jimmy Smith lands on the right side of that line, he gets the benefit of the doubt. If he was residing at the bottom of the roster, Smith already would be gone.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/its-2014-all-over-again-for-the-ravens/

If it's true...and the NFL seems to think there is sufficient evidence to suspend him, then this is hypocritical.

If he was down the depth chart then he would be gone.

I'm done with him.

BTW.....anybody getting tired with the line they all say after they get caught, "I take full responsibility, I apologize to the fans, my teammates, the organization... blah, blah, blah"

It's the magic phrase, Everybody says it and then you're off the hook.

And make sure you look remorseful.

tqwcs2p.jpg

I would like to say I am surprised, but sadly this organization has shown their true colors over the past few years.

They know they won't keep him next year, they planned for it with all the drafted corners the past few drafts. So why keep him now?

They can still support him, help him get over his roid rage without having him on the team.

Maybe if the fans & media were more vocal they will cut him, ala Ray Rice.