ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bernard Pollard cut

colincac

Apparently Bernard Pollard has been cut. Was due 3.25 Million which apparently is all savings now. Very surprising move from my point of view. Didn't think that was too much for what he brought to the table. Maybe we bring back Landry for cheap?

Here is what I was thinking before they signed Joe. Tag him and trade him. I was thinking Jax. Take the #2 and the #34 this yr and at least their first pick in 2014. They may have gotten more. Jax would have still sucked with Joe since the team has so little talent on it. They ravens would fall like a stone. The Ravens would be in line for Johnny Manzeil. He would be a cheaper option and could be better than Joe. The Ravens would have gotten a buch of picks to fix their LT, passrush, LB, and S holes with high picks. If they completely take it apart now they would have been better off doing my idea.

• Downvote 1

Not fall out towards Joe, the team wants to win just like he does, but very interesting moves so far. I was fine letting the guys go get overpaid, loved the Canty move, but see ZERO basis for cutting Pollard to save $1 million. Even if you have a different plan for starting SS why not keep the guy? We don't have depth at CB or LB at the moment. Pollard could have been used creatively as a pseudo-LB or Nickel/Dime back who can cover RB's/TE's in some schemes. Hate that move.

Who's out there

Reed??

Asamawa?

Goldson?

They are costing way more than a million,

And I totally hate the move if they are planning to move Webb to safety, this guy is coming off major knee surgery, and lets not forget, isnt Carey Williams a FA?

• Upvote 1

I can't say I like this move. Although, I don't understand the cap hit. All signs point to the fact he had a $2m base salary + 750k from his signing bonus and $500k roster bonus due on Saturday so a cap hit for 2013 of $3.25m

I think 2013 was the last year of his deal so cutting him saves the $2m base plus the roster bonus of 500k so it should save the Ravens $2.5m with $750k in dead money.

So I'm not sure where the $2.25m dead money and $1m cap savings is coming from that is being reported.

I can't say I like this move. Although, I don't understand the cap hit. All signs point to the fact he had a $2m base salary + 750k from his signing bonus and $500k roster bonus due on Saturday so a cap hit for 2013 of $3.25m

I think 2013 was the last year of his deal so cutting him saves the $2m base plus the roster bonus of 500k so it should save the Ravens $2.5m with $750k in dead money.

So I'm not sure where the $2.25m dead money and $1m cap savings is coming from that is being reported.

He signed a 4 year extension for 12 million just last year, so I think that's where it's coming from, although I'm not sure what part of it is causing the dead money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/cap-hit/

This move is making me more and more annoyed as I think deeper about it. Basically we cut Pollard so we could bring back that useless waste of a roster spot David Reed. Seriously, Pollard caught more balls than Reed and Pollard plays on D!

I understood the Boldin move but I can't say I understand this one.

We are going to really need to have a good draft with those 12 picks.

Btw- on the heels of dumping our most physical WR in Boldin, it only makes perfect sense to get rid of our best tackler, most physical defensive player

who was responsible for taking out Brady, Gronkowski, etc. and who epitomized the phrase "play likea Raven"

Damn, Oz has flown the cuckoo's nest !

I truly don't understand this. Didn't he finish the season with like 3 cracked ribs. I read somewhere that this move gives them the cash Ed reed was looking for. I'm sorry but in this stage of their careers I would have kept pollard over reed. I just don't see the thought process even if they are planning on moving Webb from what I have seen he isn't physical enough to play SS.