ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ongoing Orioles thread.....

Spen

Why am I whistling Something Magic happened

Because when a team comes back and wins like that "something is happening". 2 outs...bottom of the 9th....3 run homer...com'm man!

And then maybe you're psychic because this was written today....

The way Friday night's game played out, it was the same opponent, the same deficit and the same scenario as the night “Orioles Magic” was born.

The Orioles’ 7-5 walk-off win over the Tigers bore a lot of similarities to June 22, 1979.

On that night, the Orioles trailed the Tigers by two runs entering the ninth inning. Ken Singleton homered to cut the lead to one. And then down to their final out, Doug DeCinces hit a walk-off two-run homer with one on and two outs off Dave Tobik to beat Detroit 6-5.

That was the night the phrase “Orioles Magic” was first coined– that Orioles team fell one game short of winning the World Series -- and Friday’s Orioles win played out nearly the exact same way.

Nick Markakis hit a solo homer to cut the Tigers lead to one. And with two outs in the night, Chris Dickerson turned a one-run deficit into a walk-off win with a three-run homers.

Only one player on the Orioles roster – 36-year-old Freddy Garcia – had been born when that game was played, but the way the Orioles won that game sparked an entire generation of Baltimore baseball fans.

Todays game was great and made for an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. This is one fun team to follow.

I love the talent and line up. Like last year, it's new names...Gausman 6 innings 1 run against a line up that carpet bombed the O's yesterday. Casiila, Valencia... and I don't know what to say about Davis...he's on an incredible hot streak.

Nice game by Tillman.

How about McLouth? He is tied for the AL base stealing lead.

Some dude..Urrutia... lit it up last night in the O's farm system. The bats keep coming.

Gausman's stuff is incredible. It is nice finally having a starting pitcher that is hitting the upper 90s consistently and missing bats with his off speed stuff. Gausman is going to get better down the stretch. He has a great demeanor where he can shake off a bad start, he just needs to work out the kinks of being a major league starter. I like this kid's future.