ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ongoing Orioles thread.....

Spen

Nice game and win last night. Markakis is so solid and important to this team.

Chen is back and he's a major piece of the puzzle for thjis run to make the playoffs.

Buck's a humble guy too...

It was Showalter's 250th victory with the Orioles, making him the fourth manager to win at least 250 with four different teams (Joe Torre, Gene Mauch and Dick Williams were the others).

“Well, you had to mention four different teams,” Showalter deadpanned. “Do you count the losses? I’ve got probably just as many of them. I’ve been fortunate to have good players and tonight was a good example of that.”

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-orioles-rangers-20130719,0,6750310.story#ixzz2Zb2TKI2x

Really excited to hear Henry Urrutia is being called up. He was destroying AA and AAA - as he should have, coming as a 26 year old vet from Cuba - but I think he can continue it in the majors. I am hoping he can be a spark in that DH spot against righties. And while his defense isn't great, he can spell McLouth or Markakis as necessary.

I'm really excited to see Urrutia play too. Our DH against RHP has been pathetic. Hopefully Henry can solidify the role. The guy seems like a gamer.

Yea... let's get the sweep.

Last night was fun to watch. I was worried about Davis being hurt for awhile and then watching him tryin g to tell Buck and the trainer that he was ok to play was funny...they did not trust him.

Urrutia had some good at bats....he may be the answer....can't wait to watch him today. Just watching McLouth had me thinking that was another good signing this year.

Go Tillman.

Great sweep. We got three great starts in a row and played awesome defense. This means a lot more to our team than three wins in a row. Texas has been a thorn in our side for years. Their run differential against us last year was estonishing. Sweeping them on the road makes the series win that much more impressive.

Tampa and Boston keep winining. Tampa's pitching is incredible. I want to think their bats will come back down to earth eventually, but with their staff they are here to stay. Boston's lineup has been incredibly balanced and productive. I also want to believe they are playing over their heads but they keep coming up in the clutch.

This division will come down to the wire. IMO it will come down to us and Tampa as Boston will fall off a little bit, but who really knows. The only thing for certain is WE NEED to come up big in our head-to-head matchups against Tampa and Boston if we want to win this thing.

Yep. After the Texas series, the Os pulled what golfers call a post birdie screwup on the next hole.

The Os looked likeness last night, after blowing Wednesday night s game. KC is a formidable team but the team looked like it was in a fog.

They need to get their crap together this weekend against Bosox.

He was in a mild funk for the three weeks before the HR derby too, Crav. Broke out for the last 4-5 games before the break and then back in it. Meanwhile, he's not in an awful spot. HR drought and avg down a bit, but it's not like he's 0-20.