ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ongoing Orioles thread.....

Spen

Fading - certainly a bit of a struggle at the moment. But compared to last year? Still half a game better / faster to 61 wins than last year.

Last July we actually posted a losing record before going 18-9 in August and 19-9 in September. Do I think that is going to be this year's reality? Not necessarily, but "compared to last year" is bull. We are better than last year and have been all season long.

Als0 - we have 16 games against just the Sox and Rays in the remaining months. We've been outplaying the Sox all season, so step one is to simply re-up against them. Step two is to up it against the Rays.

• Upvote 1

The 5.5 back today is the same exact as it was on this date last season - and we are actually 3 games better. It's just a better division around us.

I am just more stating that this "not as good" or "fuming" talk is ... bull.

I just hate that he keeps getting beat on dink and dunk ball. I hate the phrase - but it sometimes doesn't seem fair. Guys are just putting balls in the right spots, but not always hitting it well. I am giving him too much credit. But I still don't know our other options (obviously KRod to close - but JJ still has to pitch somewhere!)

On pace meant to get the same number of saves... which obviously means that he's pitching more... which isn't as easy at his age.

He's also struggled with his command a bit. Palmer had a good line on it... if his fastball misses, players won't chase the sinker. His fastball is missing a lot - producing either walks or hittable pitches.

As I said, the sad thing to me is that he's not getting killed on the 'big hit' in most cases - he's getting killed with walks and with singles. His fastball is still nasty and not many will hit it out. But they can do more with it than with the sinker.

Overpitched, definitely. Poor command, of course. And "not being a strike out pitcher" is hurting as well.