ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 4 at Buffalo Bills

deeshopper

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5,025,600 passes... 5,025,000 moments of failure.

Meanwhile, Papa, we are certainly paying for past performance. But that's the reality of every contract in the NFL. It's based on who you were, never who you are. Unfortunately, that's the failure of all major league sports at the moment. I still don't understand why contracts are not simply based on incentives with minimum base salaries. The other change that would have to accompany that would of course be the earlier release of new players from their rookie contracts and commitments to their teams, but I think it would be worth it.

Not so. They are paying for a proven winner.

This year the O line and run game and new receivers arte not helping Joe.

Today he's just having a very rare crappy game.

That game looked much like the Houston game from last yr. Joe wins with a lot of talent around him. He does not raise the level of the players around him.

5,025,600 passes... 5,025,000 moments of failure.

Meanwhile, Papa, we are certainly paying for past performance. But that's the reality of every contract in the NFL. It's based on who you were, never who you are. Unfortunately, that's the failure of all major league sports at the moment. I still don't understand why contracts are not simply based on incentives with minimum base salaries. The other change that would have to accompany that would of course be the earlier release of new players from their rookie contracts and commitments to their teams, but I think it would be worth it.

I would not pay for past performance. I would pay for what I expect for future performance.