ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suspect Steelers

vmax

Front page ESPN....

Once the AFC North's pacesetters, the Steelers are now looking up at both the Ravens and Bengals.

Pittsburgh opens training camp Friday in Latrobe, Pa., in the unusual position of looking up at not one divisional foe but two. It no longer is the pacesetter. It must chase Baltimore and, yes, even Cincinnati, because the talent and depth have eroded.

There are significant questions entering camp.

The projected starters on the Steelers' defense have an average age of 29 years, two months. Five starters -- defensive end Brett Keisel, linebacker Larry Foote, cornerback Ike Taylor and safeties Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark -- are 32 or older.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9498459/nfl-suspect-steelers-unusual-position

Troy!

stanley-04.jpg

Rebuilding with what? Where?

They haven't drafted well lately and they haven't added any impact FA's and their team depth is weak.

Haven't drafted well what the hell are you talking about. Other then 08 draft they have gotten solid production out of most of their drafts. Did you even pay attention to this years draft they killed it. WHEN HAVE THE STEELERS EVER BROUGHT IN IMPACT FA. That 8-8 season was an fluke. 6 of are 8 losses were by less the three points last year with 11-5 different oline combos and most of our stars spending time on the injury report. This is all part of the pattern of colbert every three years the Steelers miss the playoffs. When will yinz learn the Steelers never go away for long. When that third year comes everyone beats their chest saying the Steelers are done but the next year what do you know they are back. The Steelers are ran like an old school high school football team. Just because you don't see our young guys doesn't mean they aren't there.
  • Upvote 1

How can you say you KILLED IT in this years draft?

Drafts need atleast 3 years to claim if you KILLED IT or not..

2008, the Ravens killed it in the draft

On paper we killed it how's that. Like I said though yinz should know by now the Steelers aren't going away for long. The 08 draft set us back some but the drafts after that were very good.
  • Upvote 1

On paper we killed it how's that. Like I said though yinz should know by now the Steelers aren't going away for long. The 08 draft set us back some but the drafts after that were very good.

What paper said that, the gazette?? I dont see Harrisons or Troys or Wallaces replacement with your draft

What paper said that, the gazette?? I dont see Harrisons or Troys or Wallaces replacement with your draft

Harrison=Jones Wallace=Wheaton and watch out for golden behind troy. Also SS will probably be our first round pick next year. Wheaton is already a more complete WR then Wallace. Watch his college highlights and watch the crispness of his routes and he can line up at all three spots and run more then just drags and gos. He also is a better fit for what the Steelers are doing on offense. Jones would have been a top 5 pick had it not been for his spinal issue which has been cleared by numerous doctors.
  • Upvote 1

OH NO!!! I'M SOOO WORRIED.

NOT

THEY'LL BE PURSUEING THE SEVENTH LOMBARDI

let me know when you get to THREE

THREEE!!!!???? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its the truth, Baltimore has 5

And if you really, really, really want to get technical, we have 6..Because as the record book shows, the BALTIMORE Colts defeated the Brownies 38 to Nil in the 1969 NFL Championship

Edited by cravnravn

Baltimore does have 5 NFL Championships.

That's all the Super Bowl is....an NFL Championship game.

you're raven fans

SO YOU HAVE TWO

HAHAHAHA

YOU LOST YOUR TEAM

MAYFLOWER

MAYFLOWER

MAYFLOWER :scared:

No the nfl championship is equivalent to the NFC championship. Heck some teams won it with a total of four teams in the league.

There was no AFL when the Baltimore Colts won the NFL Championship in '58 and '59 so you're argument doesn't fly here.

There was no AFL when the Baltimore Colts won the NFL Championship in '58 and '59 so you're argument doesn't fly here.

and you counting the other teams championships as the ravens is pretty petty

FACE IT

RAVENS HAVE TWO

6 AHELLOFALOT > 2

let STEEL AND I KNOW WHEN YOU GET TO THREE

THREE????!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Hell we won 2 before your new team could win two

Doesn't matter

didn't realize

denial emptied into the Chesapeake bay

I'm not taking the bait.

I'm not in denial. I lived long enough to watch and follow both franchises. 1st row, upper deck at Memorial stadium for the Colts and section 115 at M&T Bank stadium for the Ravens.

We've had 2 NFL franchises here in Baltimore and I followed the Baltimore Colts (3 Championships) and now the Baltimore Ravens (2 Championships). That's 5 NFL Championships those 2 franchises brought to Baltimore and the fans.

Yes...it's 2 different teams but it all happened in Baltimore.

I'm not taking the bait.

I'm not in denial. I lived long enough to watch and follow both franchises. 1st row, upper deck at Memorial stadium for the Colts and section 115 at M&T Bank stadium for the Ravens.

We've had 2 NFL franchises here in Baltimore and I followed the Baltimore Colts (3 Championships) and now the Baltimore Ravens (2 Championships). That's 5 NFL Championships those 2 franchises brought to Baltimore and the fans.

Yes...it's 2 different teams but it all happened in Baltimore.

remind me where are those nfl championships at right now in indy or Baltimore and my point about the nfl championship is that you had to ho through a quarter of the teams that are in the league now.
  • Upvote 1

It was a 12 game regular season schedule back then. 16 now. That is not a quarter. Your math is off.

The 1970 Baltimore Colts played 17 games including the Super Bowl. Your math got even weaker.

If the league keeps expanding, then one day you'll be able to say the same about the Steelers not having to play as many games as future teams will be playing. 18 game regular season is coming soon.

It was the Baltimore Colts that won them. You can try any technicality that you want, but you can't change the reality.

The Indianapolis Colts did not exist then and did not win them.

If that doesn't sink in, try this:

If Terry Bradshaw sells you his Super Bowl ring and it is legally yours...does that mean you were a member of that team, playing QB and won that game?

• Upvote 1