ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pitta carted off the field

papasmurfbell

Ouch that hurts bad. I wish him well in his recovery. No matter the team or rivalry you never want to see an injury like this as someone else has said he could never be the same player again. Anyone know if the hip is like the shoulder and once it's dislocated once it's easier to do again and again or was the surgery to prevent that.

Don't know if this is accurate but WBAL reported he also fractured it.

Shows the risk Joe took when he played out his contract.

Feel very, very bad for Pitta.

I have some hope for this kid Furstenburg.

Also, time for Dickson to show if he's got it or not.

Don't know if this is accurate but WBAL reported he also fractured it.

Shows the risk Joe took when he played out his contract.

Feel very, very bad for Pitta.

I have some hope for this kid Furstenburg.

Also, time for Dickson to show if he's got it or not.

The Sun is also reporting it was fractured as well.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-te-dennis-pitta-is-carted-off-the-field-after-collision-20130727,0,5872637.story

What initially appeared to be an acrobatic catch in the back of the end zone Saturday became the Ravens' first significant injury of training camp, and a potential blow in their quest to repeat as Super Bowl champions.

Tight end Dennis Pitta, one of Joe Flacco’s favorite targets, fractured and dislocated his hip according to sources. Team officials are prepared Pitta could be out the entire 2013-14 season.

Pitta, who was hurt while trying to catch a Flacco pass in the back of the end zone, was carted off the field with a towel draped over his head. He was later taken from the Under Armour Performance Center by an ambulance to a local hospital, where he underwent surgery, according to a source.

Edited by cravnravn

Ouch that hurts bad. I wish him well in his recovery. No matter the team or rivalry you never want to see an injury like this as someone else has said he could never be the same player again. Anyone know if the hip is like the shoulder and once it's dislocated once it's easier to do again and again or was the surgery to prevent that.

Yes it does sting, he was a fan fav and he was Joes fav target. It happened early enough in Camp for Joe to develop a rapor with Dickson, Juice, Billy Bahama and any other TE we bring through.

The good thing is, Dickson was a real good pass blocker. If he could just get down the other part of the game we'd be OK.

<p>

The Sun is also reporting it was fractured as well.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-te-dennis-pitta-is-carted-off-the-field-after-collision-20130727,0,5872637.story

What initially appeared to be an acrobatic catch in the back of the end zone Saturday became the Ravens' first significant injury of training camp, and a potential blow in their quest to repeat as Super Bowl champions.

Tight end Dennis Pitta, one of Joe Flaccos favorite targets, fractured and dislocated his hip according to sources. Team officials are prepared Pitta could be out the entire 2013-14 season.

Pitta, who was hurt while trying to catch a Flacco pass in the back of the end zone, was carted off the field with a towel draped over his head. He was later taken from the Under Armour Performance Center by an ambulance to a local hospital, where he underwent surgery, according to a source.

Man this went from bad to gruesome. Good lord I can't imagine the pain this kid was in.

This will cost him a lot of money...hopefully not his career. He took the risk to be a free agent and it didn't work out. If he's capable of coming back and playing next year I think the Ravens will give him all the assistance and every opportunity to make it back.

The Ravens were interested in reaching a long-term agreement with Pitta after putting a second-round tender on the restricted free agent in May.

It's understandable that Pitta wanted to test the free-agent market after the season. He had a breakthrough season in 2012, tying for ninth among tight ends with 61 receptions, 11th with 669 receiving yards and tying for sixth in touchdowns with seven. And he was expected to put up career numbers after the Ravens traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin.

Pitta likely would have been in line for a big payday after the season, whether from the Ravens or another tight end-needy team. The five highest-paid tight ends average between $6.9 million and $7.5 million per season. Now, after a collision with safety James Ihedigbo in the first padded practice of training camp, Pitta has watched his value take a hit on what was a freak accident. When teams look at Pitta's résumé next offseason, he will have only one season with more than 40 catches. That's why this season -- one in which he could have caught 80 passes -- was so important for him.

Pitta should still get a decent contract next year; at 28, he's in the prime of his career. But, sadly for Pitta, he won't command the same type of deal because of one unfortunate play in training camp.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/79233/tough-break-for-ravens-dennis-pitta

Dennis-Pitta-catch.jpg

This event has practically ruined my day. Pretty sad for Raven fans everywhere.

Ummmmmm no

We lost 8 ball Jamal and still made a splash in the playoffs, and he was a major player in our sb season. Pittas loss is not that big,we will be fine,

And my day is going great I'm surrounded by beach and boobs

We're getting some closure here...looks like he'll have a career after all....

Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta didn't suffer ligament or cartilage damage when he fractured and dislocated his right hip, according to coach John Harbaugh.

Pitta will miss this season but is expected to make a healthy return for next year. Harbaugh said that Pitta can begin rehabilitating his hip in six to eight weeks.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-no-ligament-damage-for-pittas-surgicallyrepaired-right-hip-still-out-for-season-harbaugh-says-20130729,0,3590034.story#ixzz2aTn3B94U

"Basically, the ball was pushed out of the socket and pushed backwards," Harbaugh said. "It's an injury that happens a lot of times in car accidents. He got his knee caught up under him when he fell. I think there's only eight documented cases of this in football that I've read about. It's a very rare football injury.

"The good news is that there's a fracture, but it's in the big part of the bone. It's a very tight fracture. It didn't move at all. There's no ligament damage, there's no cartilage damage. It's a clean break. It's good news. Nothing has changed as far as our plans as far as plans as far as the season goes. He'll be back in the future."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-no-ligament-damage-for-pittas-surgicallyrepaired-right-hip-still-out-for-season-harbaugh-says-20130729,0,3590034.story#ixzz2aTmP9lCG