ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Claim Safety Jeromy Miles

ravinmaniac52

Baltimore claimed safety Jeromy Miles, who the Bengals released for the second time this season, according to Bengals.com.

Miles is reportedly dealing with a hamstring injury that has caused him to bounce up and down from the Bengals’ active roster as they have shuffled to have enough healthy special teams players for gameday.

Miles, 26, is a former undrafted free agent out of Massachusetts, the same school as starting safetyJames Ihedigboicon-article-link.gif. Miles is in his fourth season, and played in all 16 games for the Bengals the past two years. Miles logged 28 tackles and had one start last season.

The Bengals waived Miles hours before their Week 2 game against the Steelers, then brought him back after he cleared waivers. They waived him again Saturday, a day before facing the Packers. This time, the Ravens pounced.

The Ravens reportedly cut rookie free agent safety Brynden Trawickicon-article-link.gif, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Aaron Wilson. Trawick is the undrafted rookie who ran into Jacoby Jonesicon-article-link.gif in Week 1, causing a sprained knee.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Claim-Safety-Jeromy-Miles/481833b2-8386-4d87-a976-27abd4f468eb

Did you guys know that Graham was benched for Jimmy Smith ??

I just read that today, unbelievable to me....

Graham picked PM's pocket 2 times in the playoff game and was a big part of our success throughout the PO's...

Harbs must see something that we don't, cause JS can't cover man worth squat....

Ravens Proud !!!!

His head wasn't in the game when he ran into Jacoby Jones and his head wasn't in the game when he got a personal foul yesterday that hurt field position.

Harbaugh might have sacrificed a lesser player to make a point. I hope the rest get it.

Personal fouls are drive and game killers. They are pure bullshit.

I can live with the borderline hits that get called because the rules change so fast players need time...sometimes a season or 2 to adjust their play and find new techniques.

Others are mindless, selfish and plain stupid moves like McKinnie's love for face masks. He better watch it. After yesterday and last night he might not start.

• Upvote 1

This must be pure special teams move because I dont see anyone taking ihedibo or elams spot

It was absolutely for ST's.

He got a 2nd chance after Jones. They gave him time. He blew it.

Now he's out of work...just like it happens in the real world.

The Baltimore Ravens...the NFL...isn't a charity ward.

That is why for the third time said allow him to learn on the practice squad.

Trawick made some good plays in pre season games, and probably does have potential if given some time on the PS....

But there is only so many players we can put on there also, so who would miss out for his spot, and as max said; he is a liability on the field at this time that we don't need.....

Hey, it's not like he's Leon Sandcastle now......LOL

Ravens Proud !!!!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-sign-safety-brynden-trawick-to-the-practice-squad-source-says-20130924,0,6553861.story

Ravens sign safety Brynden Trawick to the practice squad, source says

The Ravens have re-signed rookie safety Brynden Trawick to the practice squad after he cleared waivers, according to a league source.

The Ravens cut rookie inside linebacker Brandon Copeland, a Gilman graduate, from the practice squad to create a spot for Trawick.

Trawick was released Monday when the Ravens were awarded safety Jeromy Miles off waivers from the Cincinnati Bengals.

Trawick accidentally injured Pro Bowl kick returner Jacoby Jones in the first game against the Denver Broncos, colliding with him while he was executing a fair catch. The injury caused Jones to sprain his right medial collateral ligament and he'll be sidelined for the next four to six weeks.

Trawick is tied for the Ravens' lead with three special-teams tackles

Like I said.