ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

3 straight weeks Harbaugh has had to explain himself

Tornado700

All 3 weeks- losses. I am not questioning whether Bis keeps him or not because his record speaks for itself. But, if not for these four coaching blunders in the last three games, Ravens might have won, at least two, maybe all three.

Which blunder this time? The onside kick was dumb but the way the Steelers drives were yesterday if it's a normal kick the Ravens might not get the ball back.

And going for 2 at the end? No team that's not out of it playoffs does that.

The coach and goofy calls are not to blame. The team is simply not putting up enough points most wells to win.

Edited by Spen

Which blunder this time? The onside kick was dumb but the way the Steelers drives were yesterday if it's a normal kick the Ravens might not get the ball back.

The coach and goofy calls are not to blame. The team is simply not putting up enough points most wells to win.

Both have valid points but the percentage of making the onside kick is less than 20%, so I think we had a better chance of our D stopping them than making that kick recovery.....

Harbs has made some blunders and looks disconnected at times, I don't know what's wrong with him but it is pretty clear that something is.....

But I maintain the reason we aren't putting up enough points is Caldwell's playcalling and that broken down sandlot oline we have.....

They better get it fixed over the bye or the playoffs may not be a viable expectation this year.....

• Downvote 1

If you look at the last three losses you can blame the middle of the Dline and not Harbs. Ngata needs to be benched, and give Williams a chance to start.

Ngata was playing injured and was taken out of the game in the 4th qtr....But as much as I like the big guy, if he ain't cutting it, put him on the bench til he gets well.....He's a monster when healthy....

I didn't like the onside kick but I don't think it cost us the game. My beef was that if you're going to try something like that you better be damn sure your players can do something simple like stay onside - I hope that guy got an earful in film session today. The call certainly wasn't on par with the blunders against GB.

Harbs also is not getting any credit for going for it on 4th and 1...didn't that QB sneak lead to a TD?

• Downvote 1

I didn't like the onside kick but I don't think it cost us the game. My beef was that if you're going to try something like that you better be damn sure your players can do something simple like stay onside - I hope that guy got an earful in film session today. The call certainly wasn't on par with the blunders against GB.

Harbs also is not getting any credit for going for it on 4th and 1...didn't that QB sneak lead to a TD?

No they took a field goal after they converted the fourth and one. Rendering the entire decision to go for it on fourth pointless because it was a chip shot either way.

I thought the rule of thumb. was to go for the win on the road, play for the tie at home?

And to have Hairball jump offsides, the ball goes to the one..Definitely the correct call would be go for the two and the win.

But Im still baffled as to why Tucker didnt boot the ensuing kickoff out of the stadium, instead of pooching it which lead to perfect field position for Pitt.

So theres 2 coaching goofy blunders in the span of 10 seconds.

No they took a field goal after they converted the fourth and one. Rendering the entire decision to go for it on fourth pointless because it was a chip shot either way.

Well he gave them another 3 shots at the end zone in a game decided by 3 points. It ended up being pointless but it was still a good call.

• Downvote 1

Ok...going for 2 would have been moot because the Steelers kicked a FG. They would have won by 2 instead of 3.

Also the sense I got from the post game conference is that that Harbs did not call for that squibb by Tucker. That might have been an error on Tucker.

Because they started at the 40 yard line!!! different game plan then starting at the 20 or further back.

Ngata was playing injured and was taken out of the game in the 4th qtr....But as much as I like the big guy, if he ain't cutting it, put him on the bench til he gets well.....He's a monster when healthy....

Problem is...he hasn't been healthy since he signed that huge contract. Being injured is no longer an excuse, it's the norm.

• Upvote 1

I thought the rule of thumb. was to go for the win on the road, play for the tie at home?

And to have Hairball jump offsides, the ball goes to the one..Definitely the correct call would be go for the two and the win.

But Im still baffled as to why Tucker didnt boot the ensuing kickoff out of the stadium, instead of pooching it which lead to perfect field position for Pitt.

So theres 2 coaching goofy blunders in the span of 10 seconds.

I just think that was the right call and not a blunder. I only remember teams going for the win in that situation and they were always teams with bad records. Fouts is a commentator and actor, not a coach.

I know if we try and fail 99 of the fans are complaining about that call the next day.

Edited by Spen

Ok...going for 2 would have been moot because the Steelers kicked a FG. They would have won by 2 instead of 3.

Also the sense I got from the post game conference is that that Harbs did not call for that squibb by Tucker. That might have been an error on Tucker.

Tucker may not have known where he was ir what he was supposed to do.

Fouts is a HOF QB. It was a poor call. Also if you are going to onside it there is a better strategy than to have your kicker go get it.

But Fouts is not an NFL coach. Going for it may be a popular call for fans or announcers but going for it in situations like that do not often happen often in the NFL. Look it up. Now judging how little you understand the game and coaching I am not surprised you think they should have gone for it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if you don't think they should have gone for it but your hate of Harbaugh changed your mind.

Edited by Spen

I didn't hear of any Bounty on it.....lol

At least he is willing to do anything to win. What about the Bounty that Suggs mentioned on Rapelesburger a few yrs ago. Oh yeah he walked that one back when someone aksed.

But Fouts is not an NFL coach. Going for it may be a popular call for fans or announcers but going for it in situations like that do not often happen often in the NFL. Look it up. Now judging how little you understand the game and coaching I am not surprised you think they should have gone for it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if you don't think they should have gone for it but your hate of Harbaugh changed your mind.

I have said I didn't think going for it was a good idea. I am just not dismissive of someone with credential like Fouts.